MikeOS 4.6.2b1 available for testing

Michael Saunders

Jan 25, 2020, 10:28:13 AM1/25/20
to MikeOS
Hello everyone,

Changes here are:

# Many updates to EDIT.BIN from Pablo González:
* Add support for more than screen-visible columns
* Show filename on top
* Show current line and column
* Add open-file option
* Remove unnecessary screen redrawing (which cause blinks)

# Some small documentation updates

Download:

http://mikeos.sourceforge.net/mikeos-4.6.2b1.zip

If anyone has trouble building MikeOS on any platform, updates to the
build scripts would be muchly appreciated! That way, we can keep
MikeOS relevant and useful :-)

Cheers,
Mike

Mark M

Jan 25, 2020, 8:34:00 PM1/25/20
to MikeOS
I like EDIT.BIN.  I have a suggestion.  I know EDIT.BIN is for editing files but it would be nice if you could create a new file without loading an existing file.  I may be wrong but it appears to me that you have to load an existing file then hit F3 to create a new file.

Michael Saunders

Jan 26, 2020, 3:25:19 AM1/26/20
to MikeOS
On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 at 02:34, Mark M <mar...@wavecable.com> wrote:

> I like EDIT.BIN.  I have a suggestion.  I know EDIT.BIN is for editing files but it would be nice if you could create a new file without loading an existing file.

It would indeed. Feel free to implement it :-)

Mark M

Jan 26, 2020, 8:59:11 PM1/26/20
to MikeOS
I made a change where you can type edit /n and it will go directly to new file.  See attachment.
edit.asm