Double Buffering

Foster Sloan

Mar 14, 2022, 1:15:44 PM3/14/22
to MikeOS
are there currently any plans for adding a double buffer to mikeOS? I feel like the flashing when scrolling the screen really drags the OS down.

Michael Saunders

Mar 14, 2022, 1:41:57 PM3/14/22
to Foster Sloan, MikeOS
In what apps/context are you seeing the flashing? On what hardware?

On Mon, 14 Mar 2022 at 18:15, Foster Sloan <foster...@gmail.com> wrote:

> are there currently any plans for adding a double buffer to mikeOS? I feel like the flashing when scrolling the screen really drags the OS down.

Foster Sloan

Mar 14, 2022, 4:04:49 PM3/14/22
to MikeOS
I see the flashing when trying to scroll through a basic program. I'm running mikeOS on QEMU on ubuntu 21.10

Michael Saunders

Mar 14, 2022, 4:10:48 PM3/14/22
to MikeOS
Scrolling through in what app though? EDIT.BIN for instance? Did you try MikeOS 4.7 beta, which has fixes to EDIT.BIN to reduce the number of redraws?

Foster Sloan

Mar 14, 2022, 4:44:21 PM3/14/22
to MikeOS
It was in EDIT.BIN, yes.