The MIHTool window remains completely empty.

Thomas Naujokat

Dec 28, 2017, 7:58:06 PM12/28/17
to MIHTool
When I start the tools in safari or directly in the MIH server, the tool widow opens but remains empty: no tool list in the top line, no logs and no DOM path at the bottom. Only the window handling buttons are displayed right top. I activated web inspector and npm modules.

The tool looks nice in its screenshots and the video but I cannot see the reason why it won't work on my side.

Thomas Naujokat

Dec 28, 2017, 7:59:55 PM12/28/17
to MIHTool

Am Freitag, 29. Dezember 2017 01:58:06 UTC+1 schrieb Thomas Naujokat:
When I start the tools in safari or directly in the MIH server, the tool widow opens but remains empty: no tool list in the top line, no logs and no DOM path at the bottom. Only the window handling buttons are displayed right top. I activated web inspector and npm modules.

The tool looks nice in its screenshots and the video but I cannot see the reason why it won't work on my side.

Device: iPad 3 with iOS9.

unbuglee

Dec 30, 2017, 7:02:05 AM12/30/17
to MIHTool
Hey Thomas, sorry for the late response.
I think you're talking about the Web Inspector, right? The inspector requires to connect to MIHTool's remote server, but unfortunately the server is only host at USA and JP, which is mean the other locations might have a low connection issue.
But don't worry, we you set up your own server just by follow https://people.apache.org/~pmuellr/weinre/docs/latest/, then you can switch MIHTool's weinre server with MIHTool remote control command(MIHTool HTTP Server).
Note, the switch weinre server only works in MIHTool app, does not works in Safari.

Paul Guz

Jan 20, 2021, 5:52:37 AM1/20/21
to MIHTool
This is happening today in 2021.  iPad OS 14.3.  I'm in the UK.

I note that imhtool.com's SSL certificate expired in October 2020.