Feature request: Remote control

Paul Bakaus

Jan 18, 2013, 9:37:51 AM1/18/13
to mih...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

one of the most important debugging capabilities for us would be the ability to load webpages into MIHTool through a REST service for automatic testing, similar to what Adobe Inspect offers (http://html.adobe.com/edge/inspect/features.html), but more manual features.

For version 1, this would be what I've been thinking about:

1. A simple REST server running on the iOS device when MIHTool runs (I think this is relatively easy to do)
2. (local ios device url)/load?url=http://google.com loads google.com in MIHTool

In order to support this well, I'd also like a setting in MIHTool to never dim the screen.

Is that something you've been thinking about?

Thanks!
Paul

Paul Bakaus, Doer of Things
(currently at Zynga)

unbuglee

Jan 18, 2013, 10:01:24 AM1/18/13
to mih...@googlegroups.com
Yes,I do have think about it.type a long URL in iOS device is not that easy.I also know about adobe shadow(aka adobe Edge inspect),but I am trying to make the debug things can be done on MIHTool when without a computer around you.Anyway this great idea is already on my list.Thanks again.

Paul Bakaus

Jan 18, 2013, 10:15:39 AM1/18/13
to mih...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, great to hear! We especially would want it for stuff like automated load time testing. This would allow us to setup 10+ devices and a server that rotates between URLs.

Paul Bakaus, Doer of Things
(currently at Zynga)

unbuglee

Jan 18, 2013, 10:27:07 AM1/18/13
to mih...@googlegroups.com
Yeah,I think with a HTTP Server will do that well.

unbuglee

Jan 19, 2013, 9:48:45 AM1/19/13
to mih...@googlegroups.com

Now this feature is done!Check it out!