Firewall-friendly sftp access

Jonas Bardino

Jun 8, 2015, 2:51:32 AM6/8/15
to mig...@googlegroups.com
Hi list

With the latest migrid.org update we have enabled firewall-friendly aliasing to the existing sftp access to home folders. As you will see on your Settings-> SFTP page we now provide access on the standard ssh/sftp port (22) which allows use from networks even with rather strict traffic filtering policies - including some of the beam line / imaging facilities.

Reports about success and failure to access sftp remotely are most welcome, so that we learn if it is enough or if we should take further steps.

We also consider similar measures to allow webdavs access on those networks, but it is a bit more work to do so.

Cheers, Jonas