Mobile access to MiG

Jonas Bardino

Mar 8, 2011, 7:22:51 AM3/8/11
to migrid
Hi list

Until now support for using MiG from mobile devices has been rather
limited. Many mobile browsers do not support SSL with client
certificates, so a workaround is needed in that case.
We do provide an experimental python MiG SSL proxy[1] to allow access
even from browsers without native SSL certificate support, but it
requires some effort to get it up and running.

Recently I found a web page claiming native SSL certificate support in
the latest Mobile Firefox browser beta[2].
I just tested and it works on my HTC Desire as long as the key/
certificate is imported *without* setting a password.
It is still not user friendly but it is getting a lot closer, and all
other browsers i tried there just failed.
It likely works on other platforms with firefox mobile support (Meego
and WebOS based devices), too.

Feel free to report back with your experiences accessing MiG from
mobile devices!

Cheers, Jonas

[1] http://code.google.com/p/migrid/source/browse/trunk/mig/user/migproxy.py
[2] https://support.mozilla.com/bg/questions/786035#answer-142961