drag and drop on mig

Benjamin Sedoc

Jul 1, 2011, 8:30:07 AM7/1/11
to migrid
Hey guys,
I implemented the html5 drag and drop feature on the MiG filemanager.
The main new feature here is dragging files from the desktop into the
mig web filemanager. Generally, drag and drop should be quicker than
before and I added a trash icon for drag and drop deletion.

You can find the updated file manager on

https://dk.migrid.org/cgi-bin/fileman_beta.py

I decided to test it a bit more before commiting to the main file
manager so please let me know how it works.

Regards,
Benjamin

Jost Berthold

Jul 1, 2011, 8:52:54 AM7/1/11
to mig...@googlegroups.com
Cool ! :)

I played around a little, works smooth in most cases.

One flaw:
I dragged a file from the home folder into another folder of the
directory tree (one of my folders, not a shared one), and got a dialog
with title "Command output:" and contents "Error: <empty space>\n done
in 0.011s". However, the file was copied into the destination folder.
What is the error? Should it be moved instead? (maybe)

Other than that, I managed to upload a 50MB file from the desktop (then
also shortly showing a dialog during upload). A 200MB file failed
silently (well well... or else it is still at it)

Suggestion: don't call it "Trash", but "Shredder", to make clear that
you cannot look into the trash and take files out again.

Cheers
Jost