segmenation fault error

Vanina Castroagudin

Oct 18, 2021, 1:09:56 AM10/18/21
to migrate-support
Der Dr Beerli

I am trying to run a small data set with Migrate-N version 4.4.1 in the server CIPRESS Gateway (www.phylo.org). Unfortunately, my runs keep crushing just after a few seconds I start them and the only message I was able to get was Segmentation fault on Node **7**.

I checked my parmfile and infile several times, but I can find out which is the problem. Is something wrong in my prior parameters or in my chains? It seems the run stops when the search steps start.

I would really appreciate any help in solving this issue.

Infile, Parmfile and outfiles of crushed runs are attached.

Thank you very much in advance,

Vanina Castroagudin

infile
STDOUT (1)
STDERR (1)
Infile3modelPanmitic.log
parmfile (1)

Peter Beerli

Oct 18, 2021, 10:11:32 AM10/18/21
to migrate...@googlegroups.com
Dear Vanina,

I looked at the run/data and it seems that my version 4.4.4 has no problem with it, before I dig out version 4.4.1 could you check whether
the locus 7 data leads to the problem [because node 7 was running locus 7], this locus has no variability (all repeats are 6), either remove the locus or (for test purposes change two individuals to a heterzogyte and run again). Does it work? Please let me know.

Of course, migrate should work with an invariant microsat locus, but it seems that on my mac 4.4.4 works despite the problems with the parmfile,
I suggest to remove the line:
print-tree=BEST
this will (a) not be insightful with msat data, will need a lot of time, and is ill formatted

I also suggest to revisit the priors for MIG because the upper bounds together with Theta suggest an 4Nm>50*250, using a prior for MIG in the same range of Theta (for msats) seems still excessive but more in line.

Peter

<infile><STDOUT (1)><STDERR (1)><Infile3modelPanmitic.log><parmfile (1)>