Re: [Mifos-developer] [Mifos-users] Mifos - 21.07.02 Patch release installation issue - Mysql connection refused to connect

Kelvin Ikome

Apr 25, 2022, 5:22:30 AM4/25/22
to A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos., Mifos software development
Hi Pavan,

Here are a couple of quick checks you can make...

1. Are you able to connect to the DB using MySQL client? If so, check the hostname/url.
2. If the hostname/url is correct, you can try using IP of the server.
3. If 1 and 2 are in place, go check the "schema_url" inside of "fineract_tenants" database. "tenant_server_connections" table.

Kind regards,
Kelvin

On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 9:13 AM Pavan Karasala <pavan.k...@nanobnk.com> wrote:
Dear Team,

We have started deploying the new Mifos and we are having a MySQL connectivity issue.
Below are the versions we are using.

Versions:
Mifos: 21.07.02.Patch release
JDK: 15.02 64 bit
Tomcat: 9.0.38 64 bit
MySQL : 5.7.37.0
Mysql Connector : mysql-connector-java-8.0.21.jar

Error:
Caused by: org.drizzle.jdbc.internal.common.QueryException: Could not connect: Connection refused: connect
                at org.drizzle.jdbc.internal.mysql.MySQLProtocol.<init>(MySQLProtocol.java:147)
                at org.drizzle.jdbc.DrizzleDriver.connect(DrizzleDriver.java:91)
                ... 203 more
        Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

Can you please advise/help if we are missing something here?

--
Thanks,
Pavan Karasala

Francis Guchie

Apr 25, 2022, 7:13:36 AM4/25/22
to Pavan Karasala, Mifos software development, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.
Yes Pavan,

For the first time installation - only create 2 databases fineract_default and fineract_tenants. On the first time launch, apache-fineract will do the magic for you

My Kind Regards

Francis Guchie Kirago
Skype: francisguchie
Telegram: 232 79 19 44 07
Whatsapp: 232 79 19 44 07
twitter: @FrancisGuchie

On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 1:03 PM Pavan Karasala <pavan.k...@nanobnk.com> wrote:
Hi Kevin/Francis,

We are able to connect to the database using Heidi with the same credentials and url.
Only via Mifos tomcat server, we are not able to connect.
Am assuming that tables will be created automatically during the first start of the Mifo's server.

Unlike MifosX, we are not required to create tables manually am assuming.
Please correct us, if our assumption is wrong.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Pavan Karasala

Bharath Gowda

Apr 28, 2022, 3:32:45 AM4/28/22
to Pavan Karasala, Mifos software development, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.
Hello Pavan,
The versions installed look good,

Could you verify below few configurations please

1. Could you let me know if you have changed the MySQL credentials from the default once?

Fineract stores and reads the database connections from two places, please check the connection details are correct here

a. fineract_tenants DB's `tenant_server_connections` table
image.png

b. jdbc.properties file in tomcat

Location:apache-tomcat-9.0.38\webapps\fineract-provider\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\spring\jdbc.properties

Connection details in this file to check

"DRIVERCLASS_NAME:org.drizzle.jdbc.DrizzleDriver
PROTOCOL:jdbc
SUB_PROTOCOL:mysql:thin

fineract_tenants_driver:org.drizzle.jdbc.DrizzleDriver
fineract_tenants_url:jdbc:mysql:thin://localhost:3306/fineract_tenants
fineract_tenants_uid:root
fineract_tenants_pwd:mysql"

2. Could you check if the DBs' fineract_default and fineract_tenant have tables and values populated?
if not,  then I would suggest you reinstall the mysql with default credentials first and try again

i.e
port: 3306
host: localhost
user: root
password: mysql

I hope this helps, if the issue still persists, please share the complete log file to analyze further.

Regards,
Bharath
Lead Implementation Analyst | Mifos Initiative
Skype: live:cbharath4| Mobile: +91.7019635592

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 8:15 AM Pavan Karasala <pavan.k...@nanobnk.com> wrote:
Dear Bharath/Francis,

Can you please confirm if the below stack versions are compatible?

Versions:
Mifos: 21.07.02.Patch release
JDK: 15.02 - 64 bit
Tomcat: 9.0.38 - 64 bit
MySQL : 5.7.37.0 - 64bit
Mysql Connector : mysql-connector-java-8.0.21.jar

We are facing an issue connecting to the database server.
We were able to connect using Heidi using the same credentials and port.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Awaiting your reply.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan Karasala

On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 2:34 PM Pavan Karasala <pavan.k...@nanobnk.com> wrote:
Dear Francis,

Thanks for confirming.
Can you please validate or confirm us back if the versions we are using are correct?

The server is failing to start up as it's failing to connect to mysql database.

Thanks,
Pavan Karasala

Bharath Gowda

May 24, 2022, 9:23:38 AM5/24/22
to Pavan Karasala, Mifos software development, A good place to start for users or folks new to Mifos.
Hi Pavan,

If I understand correctly if the Mysql and server are on the same server, you can connect successfully, but the problem is when you have the database on a different server?

As far as I am aware, there are only 3 places where you have to configure the Myslq connection details, it will work when you configure the MySQL details properly in these 3 places.

1. fineract_tenants DB's `tenant_server_connections` table
image.png

2. jdbc.properties file in tomcat

Location:apache-tomcat-9.0.38\webapps\fineract-provider\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\spring\jdbc.properties

3. Server.xml file in tomcat

Location:apache-tomcat-9.0.38\\conf\server.xml

Please check and let me know

Regards,
Bharath
Lead Implementation Analyst | Mifos Initiative
Skype: live:cbharath4| Mobile: +91.7019635592

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 12:36 PM Pavan Karasala <pavan.k...@nanobnk.com> wrote:

Dear Bharath,

Can you please help us out here?

Thanks,