[Mifos-developer] Discussion patch release eg 1.6.1

James Dailey

Mar 7, 2022, 1:38:55 PM3/7/22
to d...@fineract.apache.org, Mifos software development
Given the significant changes now in dev branch, I think that we should have a separate email thread for any critical changes to 1.6.

That is, for any security critical or similarity critical issues, there should be a potential for a patch update.  Fineract Version 1.6.1.  (Only if needed, I may be getting ahead of myself.)

If someone sees an issue that cannot wait for a version 1.7 stable release, please speak up.  Or better yet, propose the changes.

PROPOSAL
Because we haven’t previously discussed a patch release, let agree that as a matter of policy, such changes will not automatically make it into 1.7. They may be cherry picked by the release manager IFF they don’t break the build.

(By the way, I think for a number of reasons, projects and operational people would be advised to upgrade to at least 1.5 if not 1.6)

Thanks

On Mon, Mar 7, 2022 at 10:01 AM VICTOR MANUEL ROMERO RODRIGUEZ <victor...@fintecheando.mx> wrote:
Hello,

Using the CLI for getting the fineract version 1.6.0

git clone -b 1.6.0 --single-branch https://github.com/apache/fineract.git

Regards

El lun, 7 mar 2022 a las 9:32, Bharath Gowda (<bgo...@mifos.org>) escribió:
Hello Everyone,

Happy to see many community members upgrading to Fineract 1.6

Below are a few Upgrade notes for users who are facing upgrading issues

1. Fineract 1.6 Release tag (without  Liquibase   ) is  here

2. Avoid Upgrading for any version below 1.6 to the latest develop branch directly

3. Always upgrade to Fineract 1.6 (point-1) and then update to develop branch (for smoother Liquibase upgrades)

4. Required prerequisites for Fineract 1.6 is
Mysql 8 / MariaDB 10.6
Java >= 17

5. Fineract 1.6 doesn't run on Mysql 5.7, please upgrade to the latest version mentioned in step 4

@Francis Guchie
 please share other points that you have observed during the upgrade

We will come up with an official upgrade document on the latest release along with the Mifos UI release which is around the corner :)

Hope this email helps until then :)

Regards,
Bharath
Lead Implementation Analyst | Mifos Initiative
Skype: live:cbharath4| Mobile: +91.7019635592
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Kelvin Ikome

Mar 8, 2022, 5:59:25 AM3/8/22
to d...@fineract.apache.org, Mifos software development
Hi James,

Should the changes be proposed on this thread, a separate one or tickets logged on the issue tracker?

Kind regards
--
Kelvin Ikome
Chief Executive Officer

t:
m:
e:
a:
+(237) 677-666-659
kel...@ciniter.com
Ciniter, Molyko, Buea, South West, Cameroon

www.ciniter.com