[Mifos-developer] HOW TO UNDO REPAYMENT TRANSACTION IN MIFOSX

jubha mayala

Feb 10, 2022, 4:21:50 AM2/10/22
to Mifos software development
Hello Team,
I do request your assistance!
I am facing some difficulties. We have a customer whom we transferred from one branch to another branch, and then realized we need to undo one repayment transaction which was done while this client was not transferred yet (while was in his first branch).
Trying to undo the transaction it is giving this error message:
" field is required
Cannot make (or edit) repayments and waivers prior to than client's transfer date of ([2022,2,2]) "

Is there a way to reverse this transaction?
Though i can view this entry in mysql table: m_client_transaction
And i believe that entry is linked to other tables.

I real appreciate your support.
Kind Regards,
Jubha.

Bharath Gowda

Feb 11, 2022, 2:34:17 AM2/11/22
to Mifos software development
Hi Jubha,

Thank you for posting your query.
Unfortunately this cannot be done from the front end and is complex to achieve it through the backend as well.

Below is one suggested workaround which could work,

1. Transfer the client back to the old office - from the front end
( this is important as the reversal entry should get reflected in the same office where the transaction happened)

2. Undo disburse the loan account and make the disbursements and transaction entries again on the respective dates - from the front end
( this is important to handle the accounting entries properly)

3. And do the transfer back to the new office.

NOTE:  You may have to open the accounting closure till the loan Disbursement dates if you are using closures in the system.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Bharath
Lead Implementation Analyst | Mifos Initiative
Skype: live:cbharath4| Mobile: +91.7019635592

Mifos-developer mailing list
mifos-d...@lists.sourceforge.net
Unsubscribe or change settings at: