[Mifos-developer] Introduction

Markus Geiß

Apr 20, 2014, 11:43:41 AM4/20/14
to mifos-d...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi,

my name is Markus and I develop and design enterprise applications since 2000. I'm located near Koblenz in Germany at a nice country side (Laacher Lake).

My main focus is on implenting business value utilizing SOA principals using
  • RDBMS (Oracle, PostgreSQL)
  • JavaEE (JBoss/GlassFish)
  • Spring (IoC/Data)
  • REST (Jersey/Apache XFC)
  • JSON (Jackson/GSON).

During the last years I worked as a Senior Software Engineer and Software Architect for various companies in different areas like manufacturing automation, ERP and search engines.

I'm looking forward working and chatting with all of you

Cheers

Markus

--
Das logische Denken ist das Muster einer vollständigen Fiktion. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Ed Cable

Apr 21, 2014, 12:34:02 PM4/21/14
to Mifos software development, Manohisoa Boulier
Hello Markus,

Thank you for coming to us and offering your skills as a volunteer. On behalf of the entire community, we'd like to welcome you aboard. I'm happy that someone with such a great deal of experience has come across our project. We have a number of contributors across Europe but I think you'd be our first one from Germany.

We'll do our best to get you going on a project/task that captivates your interest and provides good value to our users.

I see you're already diving into the code but here are some helpful generic links to get you started. We could arrange for a separate Skype call to further discuss you involvement or you could join us during our bi-weekly Developer Meeting this Thursday at 1530 GMT - https://attendee.gototraining.com/rt/6379303047234164225

Set up your build and development environment

Technical Orientation

Tasks/Projects

You can also create an on MifosConnect and ask questions about how to get involved or help out at: http://mifos.cloud.answerhub.com/

Here is also a post on our blog about the many ways to volunteer: http://mifos.org/community/news/volunteer-mifos-2014

I have also cc'd on this email, Manohisoa, our volunteer coordinator who helps to keep in active contact with all our volunteers.

Best,

Ed Cable

Ed Cable
Mifos Community Manager