Re: Midsouth Makers 2023 Board Election

Scott Field

Dec 2, 2022, 10:26:02 AM12/2/22
to midsout...@googlegroups.com, joe ferguson, Midsouth Board
President : Scott Field  Yes
    Vice-President: Danny Chamberlin  Yes
    Treasurer: Brant Sollis  Yes
    Secretary: Joe Ferguson Yes

On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 10:33:37 PM CST, joe ferguson <jfer...@midsouthmakers.org> wrote:

It's time to vote for your new board from the Nominees we gathered in November 2022.

This year's nominees are:

    President Nominee: Scott Field
    Vice-President: Danny Chamberlin
    Treasurer: Brant Sollis
    Secretary: Joe Ferguson

We don't have multiple nominees for each position but we still need your vote.

Starting TODAY, 12/1/2022 and for the next 7 days through 12/8/2022 we'll be taking votes for the Midsouth Maker Officers - President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary.

Please send your vote via email or reply to me directly on this thread. The email address for voting is secr...@midsouthmakers.org or board@midsouthmakers.org.

Get your votes in by December 8th to be counted.

Each officer's duties can be found on our wiki at http://wiki.midsouthmakers.org/a/Officer_Duties. Thank you for your help.

If you have any questions about this process or if you'd like to discuss a candidate, please contact me or another board member.

Yearly Election Information / Process:

    Elections are held on December 1st through 7th of every year.
    Nominations for elections are held November 1st through the 7th.
    Nominations must be made via email to secr...@midsouthmakers.org or board@midsouthmakers.org
    Members who wish to run for board member positions must:
    Be in good standing for 2 or more consecutive months prior to nomination
    Current in their membership dues to the month of nominations
    The Secretary will provide private ballots and be responsible for collecting and calculating ballots.
    Ballots should be available to members no later than November 30th.
    Any nomination that the Secretary is unable to receive acceptance from the nominee will not be included on the ballot.
    If the secretary is unable to secure nominee acceptance by November 30th, that nominee will not appear on the ballot.
    Completed ballots will be accepted via email from member's email on file, sent to secr...@midsouthmakers.org or board@midsouthmakers.org during the time of elections.
    The outcome of the votes will be put before the board and ratified in a special, open board meeting.
    In the event of a tie, the presiding board will determine the winner by a majority vote.
    Probationary members at the time of elections are not permitted to vote in yearly elections or nominate candidates.
    Members "in poor standing" are allowed to vote and may nominate a 3rd party.
    Nominations by proxy is handled exactly like voting by proxy "so long as the board has been notified and approved your request"
    Nominations will be listed on the wiki for the current year election once the nomination has been accepted by the nominee.

Thanks!