Lady with a Fan Vector Illustration

Emily Gonsalves

May 16, 2009, 2:54:03 PM5/16/09
to Undergroundco...@yahoogroups.com, creatin...@yahoogroups.com, FromConce...@yahoogroups.com, green...@googlegroups.com, midori...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I've attached a file, but if you can't see the attachment, you can see the image as a TWC incentive here: http://topwebcomics.com/vote/5880/default.aspx (to be moved to my art blog later)

I started this image on the prompt "hats and hair" and it's also a Mother's day gift. My Mom likes the vector so far, but she's asked me to reduce the mouth size and change the lipstick colour. If you want to see progress images, they're available on my art blog.

That bright blue/cyan is a colour my Mom really likes. Because the of the brightness, I worked at making the rest of the composition softer, giving more focus to the lady but also allowing for visual rest. The clothing is a bit Regency inspired but yes, I know the bodice is totally wrong for that period. I did the sketch first, research after, and made changes when I moved to vector based on what I and my Mom liked.

The fountain is mostly made of 3D objects. 3D objects are fun, but RAM intensive.

Completely made in Illustrator CS3. I found the clouds on the Adobe Exchange if anyone wants them.

I'll be adding this illustration to RedBubble and my portfolio when it's done.

Comments and constructive criticism welcome.

Hope you like it :)

Emily Gonsalves
Graphic Designer and Illustrator
emilygonsalves.com

P.S. Planning to work on the next page of Green Corner this weekend (sorry for being so late with it, I've been caught up in other work)
belle5.jpg