Contest Cancelled !

Jay I Watkins

Apr 12, 2024, 9:05:14 AMApr 12
to midohio...@googlegroups.com, dayton...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

Sorry to have to say it but Saturday’s contest at Twin Towers is cancelled. Between wind and wind GUSTS forecast, it’s just not a good situation; too much potential for aircraft damage.

Jay

Skye Malcolm

Apr 12, 2024, 9:51:01 AMApr 12
to Jay I Watkins, dayton...@googlegroups.com, midohio...@googlegroups.com
Jay

I’m so heartbroken about this that I may be driven to the bottle.

Should we organize a little lunch and possibly libation so at an amenable establishment in case others are so inclined?

Skye

--
Mid Ohio Soaring Society Events Calendar: https://www.google.com/calendar/render?cid=ujol3k8hii801...@group.calendar.google.com
---

JD Filkins

Apr 12, 2024, 5:12:00 PMApr 12
to Skye Malcolm, Jay I Watkins, dayton...@googlegroups.com, Mid Ohio Soaring Society
Jay suggests meeting at Over The Counter (in Columbus?) 4:00 pm Saturday.

JD Filkins

Apr 12, 2024, 5:17:29 PMApr 12
to Skye Malcolm, Jay I Watkins, dayton...@googlegroups.com, Mid Ohio Soaring Society

Barry Andersen

Apr 13, 2024, 9:50:28 AMApr 13
to mrbrinson via Dayton ARea Thermal Soarers, Skye Malcolm, Jay I Watkins, Mid Ohio Soaring Society
Round two should be starting now!

Geez

JD Filkins

Apr 13, 2024, 10:13:45 AMApr 13
to dayton...@googlegroups.com, Skye Malcolm, Jay I Watkins, Mid Ohio Soaring Society
Yup. And the forcast said 17 - 19 mph wind with 30 mph gusts. Just can't trust those ba*tards.

JD

Barry Andersen

Apr 13, 2024, 10:34:42 AMApr 13
to dayton...@googlegroups.com, Skye Malcolm, Jay I Watkins, Mid Ohio Soaring Society
My vote for the future is hold the contest, if it’s too windy, bag it.

Let pilots decide if they want to make the drive.  I would have.

Sorry, just eager to see my flying buddies and tune up

Barry

Barry Andersen

Apr 16, 2024, 4:34:02 AMApr 16
to JD Filkins, mrbrinson via Dayton ARea Thermal Soarers, Skye Malcolm, Jay I Watkins, Mid Ohio Soaring Society, Paul Siegel
Please add Paul Siegel to both the DARTS and MOSS lists.  I’m happy to report that Paul is an experienced TD pilot, now excited to fly F5J, armed with a nice U2 light.

Thanks!

Barry