Why does my Text Selection color not apply?

Grace Elizabeth's Creations

May 28, 2018, 2:02:20 AM5/28/18
to Midnight Lizard Support
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to change my slection color so I can see what text I highlight in Google Docs, but it doesn't seem to matter how much I tweak the settings, nothing changes. I've tried ridiculous colour pairings just to see some change, but nothing happens. Yet here, the selection seems to be coming up as I applied it. O_o;

Can someone help me figure out either 1) what's going on, and 2) how can I fix it?

I'm a career author, so finding this was a blessing! NOw if only I could see hat I select in Docs...

Any help is appreciated.

Midnight Lizard

May 28, 2018, 10:28:24 AM5/28/18
to Midnight Lizard Support
Hello.
Can you please provide a screenshot of how it looks for you since it looks ok for me:

And I can successfully change text selection color to something else.
But yes, Google Documents do use a different approach for text selection and it looks different than in any other place.

Best regards
Midnight Lizard.

Grace Elizabeth's Creations

May 30, 2018, 2:25:10 AM5/30/18
to Midnight Lizard Support
Hello! Thanks for responding. I've got some screen shots for you. The first is the settings I use for this software when I go into nightmode, the second is what the selected piece looks like as normal, and the third is what I see once nightmode is back on, and I have NOT deselected anything. I hope this helps!

Settings used.PNG
Normal mode highlight.PNG
Night mode on.PNG

Midnight Lizard

May 30, 2018, 3:08:55 AM5/30/18
to Midnight Lizard Support
Hello Grace.
You are using the simplified mode (or automatic with a big document).
It is not meant to be interactive, but just as a last resort when the complex mode does not perform well.
Please switch to the complex mode at least when you are not just reading:

Best regards
Midnight Lizard

Midnight Lizard

May 30, 2018, 3:44:40 AM5/30/18
to Midnight Lizard Support
I also managed to fix this for the simplified mode as well.
The fix will be available in the next version.

Grace Elizabeth's Creations

May 30, 2018, 4:18:31 AM5/30/18
to Midnight Lizard Support
Ah ha! So that's what I was doing wrong. It works now, thank you ^__^

Dnart Skel

Mar 2, 2024, 1:46:32 AMMar 2
to Midnight Lizard Support
Could you please add the feature of inverting text inside the selection? i cant see black text with my settings