Google Sheets Color Cell/Text Bug

Ryan W. West

Nov 9, 2021, 11:24:13 PM11/9/21
to Midnight Lizard Support
When I have Midnight Lizard enabled while using Google Sheets, if I try to use the color picker UI to change the color of a cell or text, the colors in the picker understandably colored differently than they would otherwise be in normal mode. However, if I then disable Midnight Lizard or load that Sheet document from another device, it shows that the color that was saved for the text/cell was literally a different color and it retains that color. I'm guessing that the color picker might save the actual hex color value of the color selected, so this somewhat impacts functionality.

On a separate note, when enabling Midnight Lizard on Google Sheets after the page is loaded, it will often improperly darken elements resulting in too-little contrast between cells, text, and the background. A quick reload with dark mode enabled usually fixes this.

Felisa Busken

Sep 21, 2023, 12:41:32 PM9/21/23
to Midnight Lizard Support
I'm still having this issue in 2023, where it's difficult to see the text in the cells because they're improperly darkened. Reloading usually fixes it, but it's frustrating, and I've even had it return after a reload just because I edited something.