Google Docs Header Bug

Maxwell Voltz

Mar 17, 2023, 11:46:17 AM3/17/23
to Midnight Lizard Support
On Google Docs, after scrolling too many times, the header bar at the top of the page changes color to white.

fabrice rochelemagne

Nov 15, 2023, 11:29:56 AM11/15/23
to Midnight Lizard Support
Yeah, I'm getting this issue too.  Doesn't seem to do with scrolling tho, just having the doc open and working for a few minutes, well, which involves scrolling so.  Refresh fixes it temporarily but it just comes back.  Using docs on a macbook.

Jsparxs

Dec 18, 2023, 3:04:54 PM12/18/23
to Midnight Lizard Support
Thirded. I'm assuming Docs has decided to forcibly alter that entire section of the HTML when it autosaves (as it changes the UI to indicate when it does) and is pushing background color values unnecessarily. Flicking the widget on and off seems to have little effect in comparison to reloading the entire page. I'm not sure if Midnight Lizard is able to account for those types of changes across all sites, but it might be worth fixing for Docs alone as I'd imagine there's a non-negligible amount of users who only have the widget because Google refuses to implement a proper Dark Mode for their basic services.