Update lein-midje template (patch provided)

Sebastian Hennebrueder

Nov 3, 2014, 6:39:06 AM11/3/14
to mi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I propose to update the template
lein new midge foo
to use clojure 1.6.0 as lein new foo does as well and midje 1.6.3

Best Regards / Viele Grüße

Sebastian Hennebrueder

0001-update-project-template-to-midje-1.6.3-and-clojure-1.patch

Brian Marick

Nov 29, 2014, 6:35:06 PM11/29/14
to mi...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, November 3, 2014 5:39:06 AM UTC-6, Sebastian Hennebrueder wrote:
I propose to update the template
lein new midge foo
to use clojure 1.6.0 as lein new foo does as well and midje 1.6.3

I've done this in snapshot versions of lein-midje and midje itself. If someone could tell me the rules governing what version of Clojure a library should declare as a dependency, I'd be much obliged. A few years back, several people said it should be "the oldest reasonable one" (1.4 at the time).

Is the consequence of having a different version of Clojure in a library than in your main app nothing more than having to add `[midge "x.y.z" :exclusions [org.clojure/clojure]]` in your `project.clj` file to keep things like `:pedantic? :warn` from whining at you?

Speak slowly and don't use big words, because I'm ignorant of the Java ecosystem and Maven.