midiArranger Group created (android-midi-arranger.com)

Iov Florin Gherman

Jan 15, 2022, 2:51:24 PM1/15/22
to midiArranger
Hi midiArranger users,

This is the official group of midiArranger Android app and I will post any news and updates here from now on.

I haven't posted in a while because I've been really busy with my daily job, plus I have a kid now and it took quite a bit of my free time while he was a baby.

Nevertheless, I've kept doing improvements in midiArranger, mostly working on supporting native Android MIDI implementation which was introduced in Android 6.0. I am done with that but still testing it. It will not be available in the next release but most probably I will include it after that. Older devices can still continue using the current MIDI implementation.

I am also in the process of updating the website and the Cloud synchronization service. I've had some issues with the email service provider I've been using, sometimes emails to activate accounts were not sent and I know a lot of you ran into this one. I apologize for this inconvenience. When I release the new website all accounts will be required to reset their passwords. So, just try to login and you will get an email with a password reset link. Accounts which were not activated yet can be activated in this way.

Going forward, I will publish and maintain two versions of midiArranger. A free version and a paid version. For now, both will have the exact same functionality apart from Cloud Sync (and the online features that come with it, like Yamaha STY import) which will only be available in the paid version. The Cloud Sync functionality is running on servers which I pay for monthly and I will continue to do so if I see enough people are using this paid feature.

I have many more ideas for further development, like an online editor for styles, an in browser sequencer where you can take advantage of a large PC screen and mouse.

Thank you and have a good one!