Sharpening previews possible when using MIDI2LR?

Paul Richardson

Apr 20, 2018, 5:46:01 AM4/20/18
to MIDI2LR
Hi,

New MIDI2LR user here! I have the x-touch mini and using Lightroom CC.

Setting up MIDI2LR has introduced me to a few new features/keyboard shortcuts in LR. For example, using the alt/option key to show sharpening previews, as described here:

It would be useful to be able to use this feature when using the x-touch dials to adjust sharpening, particularly the mask. Does anyone know whether there is a way to do this? Maybe there's a toggle for the alt button rather than having to hold it down?

Thanks,
Paul

Paul Richardson

Apr 20, 2018, 5:51:57 AM4/20/18
to MIDI2LR
By the way I have seen the FAQ which covers this but it would be useful to know if anyone has a workaround.

Ernst Bokkelkamp

Apr 20, 2018, 7:21:49 AM4/20/18
to MIDI2LR
The alternative is to use the mouse and the keyboard. I have explained the problem in the past, it has to do with a control (slider) having the focus that changes the behaviour when the left mouse key is down and the alt key is pressed at the same time. The keyword here is focus, meaning the control that receives the window messages and acts on the messages or diverts the message to the parent control. The slider is what causes the behaviour and the only method to make the slider active is by pointing the mouse on the slider with the left mouse button down, there is no keyboard alternative for this function.