How to automatically load profile for different panels

Charles Tsang

May 30, 2018, 7:30:42 PM5/30/18
to MIDI2LR
Hi,

I figured out how MIDI2LR automatically loads profiles for library, crop, loupe, etc.  It works great for those.  But how do I get it to load different profiles automatically for color adjustments, basic adjustments???

I tried to map a button to show color adjustments, but my profile colors.xml (which is set in the Panels area under options) is not being loaded automatically.

thanks!

Ernst Bokkelkamp

May 31, 2018, 3:36:00 AM5/31/18
to MIDI2LR
The profiles the settings Modules/Tools section will be loaded automatically because LR provides a method to detect what module/tools has been selected.
The Panels entries can not be loaded automatically (from LR) because LR does not provide a means to detect that a panel has been selected,
but a Panel profile can be loaded automatically if the panel is selected through MIDI2LR. (meaning like pushing a button)

Btw. The entry for the Develop Module and the Loupe Tool must have the same profile name

Charles Tsang

May 31, 2018, 5:46:23 AM5/31/18
to MIDI2LR
"a Panel profile can be loaded automatically if the panel is selected through MIDI2LR"

Hi Ernst,

Can you tell me what assignment to the button would I use to automatically load the hsl/color color panel?  I've tried revealpanelimixer as well as items inside the panel, but MIDI2LR does not automatically load the profile.  Right now, I have to assign a button to the profile itself.

thanks!

Ernst Bokkelkamp

May 31, 2018, 8:48:56 AM5/31/18
to MIDI2LR
The HSL profile will be loaded if you assign an "HSL / Color / B&W" command to a button or an encoder.
When you use "HSL / Color / B&W" => "Show Color Adjustments" using a button then the profile for the Panels:Color Adjustments will be loaded.

The "revealpanelmixer" is a difficult case  with a few "problems" because there are so many options.
This is what I have done:

First you must remember that changing profiles loads a new configuration for the buttons.
Within my develop module profile I have reserved four buttons for the (HSL) panel mixer and assigned each to a "series of commands"
Button 1: => ActionSeries2 = "RevealPanelMixer profile2" profile2="HSL_Hue.xml"
Button 2: => ActionSeries3 = "RevealPanelMixer profile3" profile3="HSL_Saturation.xml"
Button 3: => ActionSeries4 = "RevealPanelMixer profile4" profile4="HSL_Luminance.xml"
Button 4: => ActionSeries1 = "RevealPanelAdjust"

In each of the HSL* profiles the same assignment is used except for the button that invoked the profile which is assigned to ActionSeries1.
Button 4 is the escape out of HSL* which is useful when you do not remember what button caused the HSL* profile to be loaded.

Charles Tsang

May 31, 2018, 9:48:10 PM5/31/18
to MIDI2LR
Thanks for the pointer and example.  For same reason, RevealPanelMixer set to a button is not reliable for me.  It works occasionally, definitely more reliable to set the profile directly with a button.  I'll try your series of command example so I can have hue/sat/lum set as different ones.

Thanks!