Shortcuts for Other Plugins

LMJ Pixels

Jun 25, 2018, 9:54:24 PM6/25/18
to MIDI2LR
Can I create a shortcut for another plugin?
Specifically, I use Capture Monkey's Barcode Plugin which requires me to do two tasks
1. File -> Plugin Extras -> Run Barcode Detection
2. File -> Plugin Extras -> Metadata Propagation

It would be awesome if I could simply assign these to buttons on the x-touch mini

Rory Jaffe

Jun 25, 2018, 10:01:49 PM6/25/18
to MIDI2LR
On a Windows machine, the keystrokes go to the foreground application, so if capture monkey's plugin is the active window, it might work. On MacOS, given how the keystrokes are dispatched to the application, I doubt it.

LMJ Pixels

Jun 25, 2018, 10:06:50 PM6/25/18
to MIDI2LR
I've found a way around it! I've created a keyboard shortcut and assigned that. I didn't realise that you needed to add a space in the prefix of the menu title for a shortcut to access the menu bar.
In my case, it needed to access the tool bar (1), plugin extras (2), metadata propagation (3) so required 3 spaces in the prefix