Midi2LR installed but not running

DBC

Aug 22, 2021, 7:45:34 AM8/22/21
to MIDI2LR
I installed Midi2LR but LR shows it as installed but not running.
I have made exeptions for LR and Midi2 LR in AVG. To be honest I can not figure out how to open the ports as said in the FAQ.
I have tried different installation paths.
Lightroom version 9.4 on W10.
Am I missing something?

On another laptop I have Midi2LR running without any problems and started mapping a Native Instruments Maschine Jam.

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-22 at 12.54.02.jpeg

Rory Jaffe

Aug 25, 2021, 5:11:07 PM8/25/21
to MIDI2LR
I'd uninstall it (delete the directory C:\Users\Administrator\Midi2LR\MIDI2LR.lrplugin) and reinstall it. What version of MIDI2LR are you using?

DBC

Aug 26, 2021, 5:43:10 AM8/26/21
to MIDI2LR
Rory

I have uninstalled it multiple times and have used different installation paths. Using version 4.3.1.11.
When checking to see if I had the latest release of Midi2LR I noticed on top of the page the commend Midi2LR versions 4 and above support only LR versions 10 and above. I think this might be the issue here since I use LR v 9.4 on the laptop involved. The other laptop has LR v 10.3 running.
I have downloaded Midi2LR version 3.5.0.3 and will try to get this version working. Or I need to upgrade LR. I thought I had both laptops running with the same version of LR but did not check it until today.
I do not have the laptop with LR v 9.4 at home at the moment. I will let you know if I managed.

Thanks for your answer.

DBC

Aug 27, 2021, 6:29:54 AM8/27/21
to MIDI2LR
The lightroom version was he culprit. LR 9.4 and Midi2LR  v 3.5.0.3 is working.

Thanks

DBC

Aug 27, 2021, 7:10:41 AM8/27/21
to MIDI2LR

Still upgraded to LR10 for the new features

Thanks