MIDI2LR App Not Loading X-Touch Mini

Daniel Hills

Nov 3, 2019, 1:32:14 PM11/3/19
to MIDI2LR
Hi,

I've purchased a Behringer X-Touch Mini today.

I've downloaded the latest MIDI2LR from the website (I'm currently running macOS 10.15.1). I've followed all of the steps given and the MIDI2LR panel still does not show when I load up Lightroom... Even when I push buttons on the X-Touch Mini, nothing happens.

I've tried all kinds of trouble shooting (I've taken a screen shot of as much as I can).

Any help would be very much appreciated. It's driving me crazy!

Thanks in advance.
Screenshot 2019-11-03 at 18.27.45.png
Screenshot 2019-11-03 at 18.28.12.png
Screenshot 2019-11-03 at 18.29.16.png

Tjeerd Paul Jacobs

Nov 3, 2019, 1:47:17 PM11/3/19
to MIDI2LR
Uncheck it in security. close prefs
Open prefs.
Check it again.
Start Lightroom

See if that works.

Julian Naumann

Nov 5, 2019, 5:03:48 PM11/5/19
to MIDI2LR
Just installed the tool myself today. Ran into the same problem, same midi device. I found a fix:

1. Open location of your Lightroom modules: (~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules)
2. right click midi2lr.lrplugin, 'show package content'
3. rename 'midi2lr.app' to 'midi3lr_BAK.app'
4. right click on midi2lr_BAK.app, 'show package content'
5. now you see a finder window with ANOTHER 'midi2lr.app'
6. move this midi2lr.app next to the midi2lr_BAK.app by opening dedicated windows for the location

This fixed the issue for me. Open Lightroom to check if the app is opened automatically.
Seems to be an issue with the installer for mac.

Let me know if this works for you, in this case i will open an issue on GitHub

Peter S

Nov 8, 2019, 9:45:19 AM11/8/19
to MIDI2LR
I found the same fix as Julian Naumann after a lot of experimenting, exactly as he describes. Also for me the only way I could get MIDI2LR to work was moving the midi2lr.app out of the midi2l2.app package in the main folder. This is version 3.3.2.0 under macOS Catalina 10.15.1 and Lghtroom 9.0.

Peter S

Nov 9, 2019, 7:10:40 AM11/9/19
to MIDI2LR
I would like to add that the previous installer version 3.3.1.0 does not have this issue.

Daniel Hills

Nov 9, 2019, 7:22:14 AM11/9/19
to MIDI2LR
Thanks everyone for your comments. I've managed to get it working now but only by uninstalling and installing 3.3.1.0

Working perfectly now and loving using it!

Thanks again.

Peter S

Nov 15, 2019, 10:42:46 AM11/15/19
to MIDI2LR