Pfixer profiles for X touch compact (Xtremist)

Assaf Frank

Jul 23, 2017, 5:42:29 PM7/23/17
to MIDI2LR
Hi Everyone,

I have just ordered the X touch compact and was looking for a profile xml files for it, identical to the Pfixer Xtremist profiles so I can use as base to start with.
Pfixer are also selling their overlay separately so it looks like a good option to get the exact profile for the midi2lr from someone who already done it and get the overlay from pfixer.

I would think trying to set it up manually would take a few days with testing and trial and error etc.

I will greatly appreciate if anyone has done it already and would be happy to share the profiles xml files.

for anyone who wants to design his own overlay here is a good start (custom print option) which you can download an adobe illustrator ai file to edit.

Assaf Frank

Jul 23, 2017, 6:10:45 PM7/23/17
to MIDI2LR
I just realised I will need both the midi2lr mapping xml files and the midi profiles bin files to update the X-Touch Compact preferably NRPN

KG

Sep 12, 2017, 5:43:15 AM9/12/17
to MIDI2LR
Hi Assaf,

I did also purchase the Xtremist from PusherLabs and the reason was I got a bundle deal and I got the controller + their software (which I can't use as I am a windows user) plus their layout (as I didn't want to spend time making my own for the beginning.

I mapped some of the basic functionality as the exposure, contrast and all other sliders + some of the buttons. I noticed that I have to change buttons behavior from Toggle to Mementary with X-Touch Editor, but that's what I did so far. Very basic. I see on their layout they have a lot more things that need to be programmed and I started looking around to see if actually somebody has some profiles already.

How far did you go by programming your controller and MIDI2LR?

I am struggling to understand some of the logic on the Pusher layout but hopefully, I will get past that point at some time :)

KG

Assaf Frank

Sep 12, 2017, 7:51:42 AM9/12/17
to MIDI2LR
here is my setup so far which is the basic functionality. I have not used all the encoders or buttons yet, but it is a good start to most people then you can make your own tweaks to suit your workflow.
I have not used Layer B at all and may do later for Lightroom profiles maybe.

place the xml files are in teh midi2lr folder
load the Assaf LayerA.bin to the xtouch editor and dump it to the layer A. this will make sure xml file commands are mapped to the correct to the faders encoders and buttons - make sure you save your settings before loading my settings (bin file) and dumping it to your layer as it will overwrite anything you have changed on your midi device.

The bottom row of buttons is used to switch between different profiles for the sliders.

I have also setup the faders (slider) that if you tap on a fader it will reset it to 0 which is really nice, but you need be sensitive with touching them as a slight tap will apply the reset. you will get used to it.
encoders (the turning knobs) - when you press them they are setup to reset their assigned function.

below is my basic layout

XTouch Compact Starting Layout for midi2lr

!xtouch_compact_p1_basic.xml - the main profile for the faders + the other buttons and knobs
xtouch_compact_p3_bw.xml - the faders are used for Black and White luminance
xtouch_compact_p4_split_tone.xml - faders for Split Tones - only from slider 4-8, slider 6 is the balance
xtouch_compact_p5_hue.xml - faders for Hue
xtouch_compact_p6_saturation.xml - faders for Saturation
xtouch_compact_p7_luminance.xml - faders for Luminanace

the xml files are neatly organised inside so the unique functions are at the top. when you open then they are self-explanatory with remarks above each section.
e.g.
<!--Faders unique to this profile-->
<!-- Shared Settings to all Profiles-->
<!--Top Encoders-->
<!-- Buttons Top Row 1-->
etc

Below is the setup on my midi2lr options in Lightroom which you need to do for the switching between profiles to work.

Below are the keyboard shortcuts I have used in my profile.
I found that the 'show status and activity' makes things slow so I have unticked it.

let me know how you got on.

Assaf

!xtouch_compact_p1_basic.xml
xtouch_compact_p3_bw.xml
xtouch_compact_p4_split_tone.xml
xtouch_compact_p5_hue.xml
xtouch_compact_p6_saturation.xml
xtouch_compact_p7_luminance.xml
Assaf LayerA.bin

Paul Yarnall

Sep 22, 2017, 4:26:57 PM9/22/17
to MIDI2LR
Hi Assaf... So glad to have found this thread! Just got a Compact and was hoping someone had something online that would get me going. Very grateful for what you have done! A few things... in the MIDI2LR Note 40-46 references Profiles 1-7, however your attached files do not include a Profile #2. Is it missing, or an I missing the forest for the trees?

Also wondering if you assigned a button for going (back) to Library View? I use that often. I can assign one of the three unused buttons to that, but I don't want to duplicate it if is already there.

The MIDI2LR - options - Library Filters..., I have some I use a lot and MIDI is aware of them. To use them I am guessing I will need to set up some layers in Layer B?

Sorry for the newbie questions... on some levels the key mapping is easy enough, but it gets complex to a new comer.

Again, thanks for your efforts... greatly appreciated!

Assaf Frank

Sep 25, 2017, 9:57:41 AM9/25/17
to MIDI2LR
Profile #2 I have not used yet - it should be assigned to the bottom button 2 hence it's empty as I didn't assign anything to it yet feel free to make use of it depending on your workflow as you may want to assign to it another adjustment group that uses the sliders.

I haven't assigned a button to library view yet as I have my keyboard just below the xtouch. It's a good idea to add it to any of the empty buttons.

The MIDI2LR - options - Library Filters - yes you can add them to layer B. Also I was thinking to add the development profiles to layer B.

Another idea is to use profile 2 button (the orange one on the bottom row) to switch to the library module which will then change some of the buttons on the second top row (starting with WB, SPOT, Gradient filter,.....) to your library filters. you can use the entire row as it is mainly development module functions.

You got it very well, it took me 2 days to get my head around it.

Thank you for your kind words and enjoy editing images.

Assaf

Glauco Castro

Nov 28, 2017, 10:53:20 AM11/28/17
to MIDI2LR
Hi.

First of all, this post is great!!!!! Just what I needed too.

Today I use a BCF 2000 and I'm upgrading to a Xtouch Compact. To setup the buttons on BCF I use the BC Manager software to upload the profile.cab file to the unit. How can I upload the bin file to the Xtouch?

But my main question is: today, I have to set the BCF buttons so it's toggled off and other things, in one profile. Then, I map the actions in MIDI2LR to the buttons I want. What do I have to do on Xtouch to get to the mapping point?

Thanks.

Glauco Castro

Nov 28, 2017, 12:10:30 PM11/28/17
to MIDI2LR
So, I downloaded the Editor and started playing with it. I already know the answer to my questions. Never mind.

I've mapped all faders/buttons/knobs to CC commands. I've attached the file, if someone wants it. I haven't tried it yet, but I guess it's working. Now, I'll you have to do is upload the bin file to the Xtouch and go to MIDI2LR and start mapping your commands.

But I now have another question, if someone can help. I saw a video from behringer that when you puch encoder 9, it changes the behavior of encoders 1-8. So, I'd like to press a button and change CC values on the encoders, just like a do today with my BCF2000. This way I can have the encoders changing different sliders with a press of a button. Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks.
GlaucoLayerA.bin

Tim

Jan 22, 2018, 11:54:43 AM1/22/18
to MIDI2LR
Just in case you are interested: Here's the Behringer X-Touch Compact Layer A file that Pusher Labs PFixer is using for the PFixer XTremist.
X-Touch_Compact-PFixer-LayerA.bin

Yaro

Jan 22, 2018, 1:35:12 PM1/22/18
to MIDI2LR
How's it different from Assaf's LayerA?
Thank you!

Tim

Jan 23, 2018, 6:52:41 AM1/23/18
to MIDI2LR
Hello,

this is the LayerA that also will work with PFixer. Just in case someone wants to try out the PFixer functionality (current version).
In Assaf's Layer A the encoders pushs are mapped to notes. In PFixer everything is mapped to CC values (not notes).

It makes sense to build a setup on the PFixer functionality if you e.g. are switching between PFixer and Midi2LR for e.g. functionality tests.

Hope this clarifies it a bit.

Best
Tim

Yaro

Jan 24, 2018, 12:15:20 PM1/24/18
to MIDI2LR
It does, thank you for your time, Tim! I think you also made me think why my encoders won't respond right away when I play with white balance or tint, or any 9-16 encoders. Need to do some experimenting.

Marc_Rumble

Feb 4, 2018, 12:11:12 PM2/4/18
to MIDI2LR
I'm new to all of this I've upgraded to the x touch compact from a small mixer with some basic features with midi2lr. Now I'm looking for a tutorial or some how to's Any out there? Do I need them?
I have found an illustrator cut file to I print an overlay for the mixer but I'm a little stuck on how I should set it up. I would have bought the pfixer mixer but I cant as I'm windows based.

Anybody will help please help.Ideally if some would have a cut file with the labeling along with the files to map that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Marc_Rumble

Feb 4, 2018, 12:15:31 PM2/4/18
to MIDI2LR
Hi, I'm new to all off this and this might be a stupid question. Do you have the xlm files I need for midi2lr or can I use the file you provided above? Sorry I'm only familiar with xlm files on midi2lr and only just upgraded to the x-touch compact mixer (i'm a Windows user if that makes any difference)

Thanks in advance

Giovanni Baroni

Dec 5, 2018, 6:17:13 AM12/5/18
to MIDI2LR
could someone provide me the xtremist midi mapping for pfixer?
the provided version from Tim is close but not exactly the same like the mapping in the above picture

would be nice to get a working one

Waltztj

Jul 15, 2019, 12:50:10 PM7/15/19
to MIDI2LR
Ok I have setup my xtouch compact and if anyone wants the files I will be more than happy to share them. Here is a picture of how I have it setup. Clink the link above

Capture.PNG

Alan Dick

Nov 5, 2019, 2:38:47 PM11/5/19
to MIDI2LR
Hi,

I am late to the party, but could I get a copy of your configuration so I can use your layout as a starting point for programming my X-Touch Compact?

Waltztj

Nov 6, 2019, 8:23:21 AM11/6/19
to MIDI2LR
Sure will be on vacation till the end of the week. Will get it up then

Waltztj

Nov 6, 2019, 10:05:00 AM11/6/19
to MIDI2LR
I have all of the files on DropBox  Give me your email and will send you the link

On Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at 2:38:47 PM UTC-5, Alan Dick wrote:
Message has been deleted

Alex Potemkin

Jan 20, 2020, 9:28:40 AM1/20/20
to MIDI2LR
Hi!
I'm waiting for my Compact :)
BFC2000 served me well but it died, RIP.

So, I have a couple of questions.

1. As far as I understand, in general settings logic for compact is the same as for BCF2000?

2. Hiw touch-sensitive faders works, and how may it be used for MIDI2LR?

3. Does it make any sense to use NRPM? Would it improve precision? I tried it with BCF2000 but found no benefits.

THANKS!

Assaf Frank

Jan 23, 2020, 6:27:58 AM1/23/20
to Alex Potemkin, MIDI2LR
Hi,

1. I think you are right but I have no experience with BCF2000
2. the touch sensitive faders jump to 0 when you just touch then in a tap so they reset, which is intuitive and is a benefit.
3. I think it make sense to use NRPM to get smoother movement of the sliders but I don’t not have experience with NRPM as my X-Touch compact do not support it.

I will be honest with you - I have stopped using my midi device and moved to Loupdeck which I find better user experience and smooth graduation, it much smaller than the big midi device also the software that comes with it is great and easy to configure, also their default configuration is very good.

I had problems with the midi2LR software that stopped working on lightroom at some point and never managed to make it work. I think Loupdeck is superior in every level and their next software update will open even more commands assignment to the buttons and turning wheels that currently are not open, so you could literally assign any command to any button/physical wheel.

Best Wishes
Assaf

Alex Potemkin

Jan 23, 2020, 11:37:10 AM1/23/20
to MIDI2LR
Yep, in my taste, X-touch compact is too big, and his shape is not friendly. Also I'm disappointed with absence of NRPN support. Touch function also looks pretty annoying because any occasional touch triggering it. I left it unused.

I loved BFC2000 very much. Its size and ergonomic made big difference.with X-touch, a love with first sight didn't happen. Will see if I will accept it.