Mapping the 'SHIFT' and/or 'CTRL' key

efong

Oct 3, 2018, 12:10:19 AM10/3/18
to MIDI2LR
Hello, I'm a new user of MIDI2LR.  I'm trying to map my X-Touch mini to LR.  One of most often used function in LR is to select several photos of the same scene and either 'Sync' all the edit processes.  I'd choose the photos using either Shift or Ctrl to select.  After some research, I can't find any answer how to map a key as 'Shft' or 'Ctrl'.  In plug-in Option for keyboard shortcut, it's required to have a command.  Is there a way to map this shortcut?

Thanks in advance for your comments or suggestions.

Ernst Bokkelkamp

Oct 3, 2018, 1:54:52 AM10/3/18
to MIDI2LR
Shift and Ctrl are not keys, these are modifiers applied to another key.
You can program a key with modifiers, but you can not program a modifier on its own.
Technically the problem is that MIDI2LR can send a key code with a modifier to LR but it can not send a modifier because it is part of the key code value being send.

efong

Oct 3, 2018, 10:23:31 AM10/3/18
to MIDI2LR
Thanks for the reply.  That makes sense.  However, I've been using Logitech G13 gaming keypad + G602 mouse and all the keys are assignable, Shift and Ctrl included.  I was hoping to replace the G13 with the X-Touch because of the dial controls (which are absolutely life saving).  I guess I will assign the Shift and Ctrl functions onto the mouse keys.

Alex Furer

Feb 10, 2019, 5:37:59 PM2/10/19
to MIDI2LR
I also tried to apply the "Alt" key to a button and hoping I could use the dial to control sharpness and especially the masking under sharpenig which would display a black and white image. To no avail.

But why I reply, the case you describe about selecting images to sync, stack or any other processing. You can assign "Select To The Right", "Left" or "Right and Left" to a button. You will find it under "General" when assigning button controls in Midi2LR. I use it and have assigned "Ctrl-g" to another button for HDR stacking.