Additional Develop Preset Slots?

Brian Lovelace

Mar 13, 2017, 3:57:43 AM3/13/17
to MIDI2LR
Hey Rory,

I've found it sad to say, but I'm a preset whore. I've configured my controllers so heavily that I've already used up all 40 slots for develop presets and I'm eagerly wishing I had more slots to configure. Some of my presets are designed to adjust other presets that I've used prior, so they can stack up on top of each other pretty quickly.

What are the odds that we can get some more preset slots added in there for greedy people such as myself?

Many thanks,

-- Brian Lovelace

PS: I don't know if you want to add it to the repository, but I've created tutorials for setting up the Behringer X-Touch Mini to be exactly like the Pfixer Mini controller.

I've got an installation & setup tutorial video for PC users here: https://youtu.be/oRGO7-dL7Pk?t=18m33s
And another installation & setup tutorial video for Mac users here: https://youtu.be/kZOFfgOJEuE

Rory Jaffe

Mar 13, 2017, 12:47:27 PM3/13/17
to MIDI2LR
I have another request to reduce the size of the options dialog--it's too big to manage for smaller screens. And some Mac folks have troubles with the presets as they are--the scrolling to the later presets appears broken in the dialog.

Adding past 40 is technically simple, but causes usability problems for others. I'll have to address the above-mentioned issues before I do that.

Mathieu Carbou

Mar 13, 2017, 1:10:52 PM3/13/17
to MIDI2LR
I have this issue on my old windows laptop but not on my mac ;-) I agree this is annoying on my windows laptop but since I do not go so often in that option dialog, it's ok.

I am wondering though if it wouldn't be better to change the UI ? The UI requires to be big because all the "slots" are displayed.
For example, for key mappings or preset mappings, what I needs is just to be able to map 1, 2 or 3 things. So the UI takes a lot of place compared to what I need.
So I am wondering if a UI where components are displayed "as needed" would be much useful ?

Kristine T. Paulsen

Jul 20, 2017, 4:54:13 PM7/20/17
to MIDI2LR
Hi Rory,

Thanks so much for this wonderful plugin! Just curious - has the ability to get past 32 presets for Mac users been remedied? I don't have the option to add any more than 32 because in the Mac version there's no way to scroll to the right to see further than the 8th set of develop windows.

Thanks!
-Kristine

Rory Jaffe

Jul 22, 2017, 11:58:53 AM7/22/17
to MIDI2LR
That'll require a major revision of the dialog box, as I'm going to have to split the stuff up into more tabs. Was planning to work on that when next version of LR (2017) along with next version of API comes out. Will look at doing that in the future.