Copy/Paste procedure

John Watkins

Jul 11, 2021, 4:22:28 PM7/11/21
to MIDI2LR
First world problem, here - actually more like an inconvenience. Is there a way to do the "Copy" procedure without having to press "Enter" to confirm via midi2lr? I'd like to use the "Copy" with midi2lr without having to press "Enter." (If I need to change any of the copy settings I can always do that via Lightroom itself.

John J. Watkins
Photojournalist

Rory Jaffe

Jul 31, 2021, 5:16:48 PM7/31/21
to MIDI2LR
Yes, you can use series of commands (https://github.com/rsjaffe/MIDI2LR/wiki/Plugin-Options-Dialog#series-of-commands).

First command would be LRCopy. Then Key1 (or 2 or anything to 40). Then, in the keyboard shortcuts part of the options dialog, make that key shortcut be return (see https://github.com/rsjaffe/MIDI2LR/wiki/Plugin-Options-Dialog#keyboard-shortcuts for details).

Rory Jaffe

Jul 31, 2021, 5:41:43 PM7/31/21
to MIDI2LR
If it appears that the keystroke isn't working, it may be coming too quickly. You can add Pause between LRCopy and Key1. That adds a 0.02 second pause. If that's not enough, keep on adding Pauses until it works. Do make sure that Lightroom is the foreground application when doing this, as, on a Windows machine, MIDI2LR is sending keystrokes to the foreground window (on a Mac, it sends to Lightroom regardless).