local preset for texture not working

John Cothron

Aug 19, 2019, 7:29:12 AM8/19/19
to MIDI2LR
I've noticed a behavior since the "texture" adjustment was added to lightroom.  I have created a local adjustment preset that includes texture as part of the adjustments made.

Within Lr (meaning using a mouse/keyboard and not MIDI2LR) the local adjustment appears to work as it should.  Meaning that when I choose it, any other previous adjustments are zeroed and the new present amounts are applied.

Having assigned this present to a MIDI control I do not get the correct behavior.  The "texture" portion of the adjustment just does not respond when the local adjustment is applied.  As and example, let's say I had both the Exposure and the Texture set to 1.0 for a local adjustment.  When choosing the local preset with the MIDI control, the Exposure moves to 1.0 as it should.  The Texture adjustment stays at 0.

Also, if you manually adjust the texture amount (I have it assigned to a MIDI control that DOES work) it will stay at that setting regardless of the local present that has been chosen.  For example as in the example above, if I manually move the texture control to 1.0, then choose a "burn" preset that has no local texture applied (meaning it should be at 0) the texture will remain at 1.0 that I previously set.  It doesn't seem to matter how many other times you choose local adjustment preset, it does not respond.

Again, within Lr itself the local texture adjustment seems to respond as it should.

Up to date windows 10, and LR 8.4

Thanks!
MIDI2LRinfo.txt
MIDI2LR.log

Clifton Saulnier

Aug 19, 2019, 11:57:37 AM8/19/19
to MIDI2LR
Hi John... here is the fix.  Replace your LocalPresets.lua with the attached! :)  Enjoy!
LocalPresets.lua

Clifton Saulnier

Aug 19, 2019, 12:01:38 PM8/19/19
to MIDI2LR
Rory, perhaps you can add this to the next update.  Sorry, I didn't have time to install and use Github.  It was just a couple of lines added or literally one line needed to add texture adjustments. :)

John Cothron

Aug 19, 2019, 12:26:43 PM8/19/19
to MIDI2LR
Clifton,

Much appreciation for taking a look at it.  I replaced the file as you suggested (kept the old one as LocalPresetsOld.lua.  Unfortunately I'm still getting the same behavior with the new file.

Clifton Saulnier

Aug 19, 2019, 2:04:42 PM8/19/19
to MIDI2LR
It's working for me... did you restart the plugin?  Restart LR?

John Cothron

Aug 19, 2019, 4:22:47 PM8/19/19
to MIDI2LR
All of the above but let me download it again.  I'm thinking(hoping) I made a mistake when renaming the files.  Stay tuned.

I did all the other steps you mentioned before I tried it the first time.

Rory Jaffe

Aug 19, 2019, 9:59:31 PM8/19/19
to MIDI2LR
I'll add that fix to the release I have scheduled for this week. Thanks Clifton.

Clifton Saulnier

Aug 19, 2019, 11:45:54 PM8/19/19
to MIDI2LR
Awesome... you're welcome Rory. It's the least I could do. 😊

I hope figured it out John and got it working.

John Cothron

Aug 20, 2019, 3:53:00 AM8/20/19
to MIDI2LR
Clifton and Rory,

I was hoping I had done something idiotic with the files and renaming but it appears I didn't.  I have installed the new file, restarted Lr, restarted the plugin, even restarted windows and I'm getting the same behavior as I originally did.  I was about to compare the linked file to the source code file and noticed that someone has been getting ready for an update.  I'll hold off till that and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks guys!

John Cothron

Aug 20, 2019, 9:59:59 AM8/20/19
to MIDI2LR
Gentlemen,

Success!  I downloaded the most recent update and it works as it should.

Thanks for your help!

John Cothron

Aug 20, 2019, 10:01:08 AM8/20/19
to MIDI2LR