Alt Key

Alex Furer

Jun 21, 2019, 9:43:30 AM6/21/19
to MIDI2LR
I really dug into using the X-Touch Midi and Midi2LR in the past few days. I slowly get a setup I really like and, once again, what an intuitive and time saving solution!

One (for now) last bit I really wish was possible is tho include the alt-key modifier. It's vital to so many tools in LR like sharpening, masking and even exposure etc.

I know form a previous thread here that it's not programmable through Midi2LR. But how about if I press it on the keyboard and then use a dial on the midi controller?

Could that somehow be done? This way my eyes could still rest on the screen without having to fiddle with the slider in LR.

Alex Furer

Jun 21, 2019, 10:02:37 AM6/21/19
to MIDI2LR
Just an addendum, I did read the FAQ. So how do we tackle this? Create a thread in the Adobe forums? Someone already did so we can up-vote?

Jun 21, 2019, 10:16:14 AM6/21/19
to MIDI2LR
What is that link? I'll gladly upvote it.

Alex Furer

Jun 21, 2019, 8:05:43 PM6/21/19
to MIDI2LR
I added to this post here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2405486

Let's up-vote and like this. Maybe we don't have to wait 8 years for it (i.e. Lightroom "seeing" PSB files (sigh...))

John Cothron

Jun 26, 2019, 9:08:18 PM6/26/19
to MIDI2LR
Looked into this a long time ago, and I'll definitely up vote it.  It would improve the overall expereince by a significant percentage.  The "masks" for sharpening etc are items I end up going back to the LR contrrols for as it's the only real way to see the masks unfortunately.

Mark

Jun 28, 2019, 9:49:57 PM6/28/19
to MIDI2LR
Does Loupedeck also use SDK?  They have the alt key, no?