Test of Unicode path support in WIndows

Rory Jaffe

Apr 21, 2018, 5:40:37 PM4/21/18
to MIDI2LR
Beta testers wanted. Attached is a replacement for MIDI2LR.exe (it's in the archive as MIDI2LR.rename, as Google Groups doesn't allow exe uploads--rename to MIDI2LR.exe prior to use).

Replace the MIDI2LR.exe file in the plugin with this (save the old MIDI2LR.exe somewhere to test it. Please try it out on a path that includes Unicode characters.

This uses a new feature in C++ (filesystem) that is intended to manage the differences between operating systems when it comes to Unicode handling. OSX compiler (XCode) doesn't have filesystem yet, so this can't be tested on Macs.

Thanks for your help.
MIDI2LR.rename

Ernst Bokkelkamp

Apr 22, 2018, 4:06:52 PM4/22/18
to MIDI2LR
I did a few tests with a synthetic configuration and I have not detected any problems: the file "settings.bin" in the directory MIDI2LR_€öäüßé.plugin was updated  successfully when I used the "Adjust CC dialog" to change the CC message type.

Rory Jaffe

Apr 22, 2018, 11:20:52 PM4/22/18
to MIDI2LR
Thanks! This has been a giant headache trying to fix it. <filesystem> is a huge improvement, and manages unicode issues quietly within the class, much like std::string should.

Rory Jaffe

Apr 23, 2018, 9:10:52 AM4/23/18
to MIDI2LR
Could you try the new version, attached? I've made some refinements to the code--looks good on my machine. Thanks.
MIDI2LR (2).zip

Ernst Bokkelkamp

Apr 23, 2018, 1:39:28 PM4/23/18
to MIDI2LR
I did my synthetic test and I did not notice any problems with settings.bin.