Arturia Beatstep - button lights

Rafael ASP

Jan 26, 2018, 5:28:25 AM1/26/18
to MIDI2LR
Hello!!!
First of all
Great work!!!!!!!!

I have configured midi2lr and Lightroom and everything is perfect, but I have a question to know if it's possible to do or not.

As we know, each button of Beatstep from 1 to 16, has few colors (red, blue, purple). Is there any option to keep it with a color when is pushed?
For example, I have configured a button for auto white balance. I would like to keep a little while the color when is pushed. So is an option to do with colors of a button?

And another question.I have read that there is not possible to keep "ALT" for midi2lr pressed, because of Lightroom if I remember good.

When I push button 1 (press and hold fast)
 In:  90  2C  77  |  Ch 1 Note On  G#1
 In:  80  2C  00  |  Ch 1 Note Off G#1

When I push button 1 and keep it
 In:  90  2C  7F  |  Ch 1 Note On  G#1
 In:  A0  2C  7F  |  Ch 1 Aftertouch G#1

And when I hold it
 In:  A0  2C  01  |  Ch 1 Aftertouch G#1
 In:  80  2C  00  |  Ch 1 Note Off G#1

So is it not possible to recognize aftertouch as ALT key pressed?

Thank you very much in advance.

Ernst Bokkelkamp

Jan 26, 2018, 7:23:36 AM1/26/18
to MIDI2LR
For the moment the answers are No and No.

Colors, this is a difficult subject because there is a need to send information to the midi controller to activate the color, as this is controller dependent it will be very difficult to implement.

Alt-Key: Impossible and very unlikely that Adobe will change this in the next twenty years.

There have a been a few misunderstandings on this subject for this reason I will try to explain.
The problem is that there are three factors needed to activate the use of the Alt button with some of the sliders.
The first is that the left mouse button is pressed when (secondly) the mouse cursor is over a slider (what this means is that the mouse key down message is send to the slider control) and third the Alt key is held down. Within the slider control logic the message mouse down + ALT causes a message to be send to the picture control to invert the display. The Lightroom 6 API allows sliders to be changed using the LrDevelopController interface which does not have the same functionality as the slider control and does not have any support for mouse down / key down messages. With MIDI2LR we can send keys to Lightroom to implement some functions, it is important to understand that the reaction on the keys depends on the control that has the focus (like in the above example with the mouse over the slider the slider is the control that has the focus). For MIDI2LR to implement the same functionality as the ALT+Mouse over slider it would have to control the mouse movement and it would have to send mouse key / Alt key messages at the same time which is a practical impossibility.

Rafael ASP

Jan 26, 2018, 4:41:53 PM1/26/18
to MIDI2LR
Thank you very much for your answer.
Now i have understood much better the "ALT" situation