M1 not sending signals to controller

Dennis Koch

Jul 30, 2021, 6:43:39 AM7/30/21
to MIDI2LR
Hey,

I saw that this is a known issue:
"Currently, MIDI2LR doesn't send signals to controller to synchronize it when pictures change. Cause is under investigation, appears to be 3rd party code problem."

But I couldn't find a thread here or on GitHub. Is there more information on this?
Is there a way I could help to debug this?

Cheers,
Dennis

Rory Jaffe

Jul 31, 2021, 5:03:54 PM7/31/21
to MIDI2LR
If you have an M1 Mac and XCode, yes. I'm afraid the issue is buried deep into third-party frameworks, as I've really scrubbed over MIDI2LR code looking for concurrency issues (M1 is much less forgiving of this than is x64).

It's probably in the Juce code. They discovered one MIDI issue with M1, but they don't have many people working on M1s, so I doubt they've completely fixed their problems.