My setup for grabs (Profiles, settings, overlay X-touch mini).

Max

Apr 29, 2018, 5:47:02 PM4/29/18
to MIDI2LR

I have just completed setting up my X-touch mini, and I'm really happy with the result, as I could map all the functions I use.
I based my setup on Joseph Naim's setup posted here as "Setup Package 2.03" (thanks man, great work! :) ).

I thought someone might be interested in using my setup as a starting point, as I did using Joseph's, so I'm sharing it here (I hope I'm posting all the necessary files; if something isn't ok, just lemme know).

I also made some customs icons in the overlay from Joseph, for some of the profiles, in particular because some profiles are split: depending on the layer you use, there are different sets of parameters available (for example profile 7 ist sharpen and noise). I'm no PS pro, so it's nothing fancy, I just needed something to remind me of what the profiles do.

Here is the brief description of my setup (again, the main work, like 99%, is from Joseph, I only adapted it to suit my needs) and below the overlay image (also from Joseph, I only changed few words and added few icons). If you have questions, let me know, as my setup can be a bit overwhelming at first (at least it was for me, until I made the overlay to visualize the mapping).

Profiles:

1 Basic

Layer A1(A3-4-5-6-7*-8*)
Encoders: Exposure – Contrast – Highlights – Shadows – Whites – Blacks – Clarity – Dehaze

(Pressing any encoder button resets that particular setting, encoder 1 resets last)

Top Buttons: Select active photo – Match Exposure – Sync Settings – Paste Previous – Reset All – Info – Select Left – Select Right
Bottom Buttons: Reject Flag* – Cycle Pick/Unflagged* UndoRedo gd – Previous – Next
Fader: Temperature fine adjustment (pickup mode must be on)

Layer B1
Encoders: Temperature – Tint – VibranceSaturationSTH HueSTH SatSTS HueSTS Sat

(Pressing any encoder button resets that particular setting, encoder 1 resets last)
Top Buttons: Profiles 1 to 8

Bottom Buttons: Enable ST – White Balance Tool UndoRedo gd Previous – Next
Fader: Split Toning Balance (pickup mode must be on)

2 Tool/Tone Curve

Layer A1
Encoders: Tool Exposure – Contrast – Highlights – Shadows – Whites – Blacks – Clarity – Dehaze

(Pressing any encoder button resets that particular setting, encorder 1 resets last modified)

Top Buttons: Show mask overlay Enab./dis. brushEnab. graduated filt.Enab. Radial filt. Overlay colorAutomaskFeather -Feather +
Bottom Buttons: EscShow brush UndoRedogd – Previous – Next
Fader: Temperature fine adjustment (pickup mode must be on)

Layer B2
Encoders: 1-7 Curve parameters, 8 Rotate/Crop Overlay (Reset with 1)

(Pressing any encoder button resets that particular setting, encorder 1 resets last modified)

Top Buttons: Profiles 1 to 8
Bottom Buttons: Esc – Tone curve tool – UndoRedo Point curve medium contrastPoint curve strong contrast – Previous – Next

Layber B 3 – 4 – 5 – 6 HSL + B&W

Once profile 3, 4, 5, or 6 is selected, stay in Layer B and the encoders will now control the following colours:
Red – Orange – Yellow – Green – Aqua – Blue – Purple – Magenta

Top Buttons: Profiles 1 to 8
Bottom Buttons:
Esc HSL B&W ToolUndoRedogdPrevNext

7 Sharpen/Noise, 8 Distortion Vignette Grain

Once profile 7 or 8 is selected, Layer A controls the first parameter, layber B the second

Bottom Buttons: Esc* Depends on Profile: enable/disable detail/effects*UndoRedogdPrevNext

How to use Match Exposure/Sync Settings
Match Exposure: When you have selected 2 or more photos, it matches the overall exposure (not the setting) based on the first photo that was selected.
Sync Settings: When you have selected 2 or more photos, it synchronises all settings based on the first photo that was selected.
Select Left/Select Right: Select multiple photo to the left or right respectively.
Press Select Active to unselect and return to only the active photo.

Max setup.rar

zanzi

May 27, 2018, 3:20:22 PM5/27/18
to MIDI2LR
UnRARX on macos says this is not a valid RAR archive.
Anyone was able to open it?

Walt Zubak

Jul 4, 2018, 7:00:47 PM7/4/18
to MIDI2LR
Max
Do you have a PSD file of your overlay. It is anice job and would like to use it as a templete for my setup

Max

Jul 4, 2018, 7:50:50 PM7/4/18
to MIDI2LR
You got mail ;)

Ram Mohandas Rao

Jul 5, 2018, 4:10:27 AM7/5/18
to MIDI2LR
Same problem here..

Ram Mohandas Rao

Jul 5, 2018, 4:11:03 AM7/5/18
to MIDI2LR
Max, can you please send me the psd and config files too .. Looks lovely ..Kudos

Max

Jul 5, 2018, 6:28:46 AM7/5/18
to MIDI2LR
My biggest apology to everyone, I've overseen the post from Zanzi, and didn't know that there was an issue with the RAR file. Sorry again.
The PSD file is to big to attach it here, so I'll send it to you per Email right now.

I'll reupload the other files, let's see if this time it works.
My setup.zip

Max

Jul 5, 2018, 6:30:45 AM7/5/18
to MIDI2LR
Hi Zanzi,

I'm really sorry, I didn't see your message. If you still need the files, I'm attaching them here.
My setup.zip

Steven

Oct 10, 2018, 1:07:52 PM10/10/18
to MIDI2LR
Hi Max can you send me your psd please. I like the way you setip up

Thanks

Keith M

Oct 10, 2018, 11:14:04 PM10/10/18
to MIDI2LR
How did You make the Template that sits on top of the Xtouch Mini so You can make Your Labels for each Button?  SomeOne in the Group was going to make Plastic Overlays but I have not heard from them again.
Message has been deleted

JJ

Oct 16, 2018, 9:25:04 AM10/16/18
to MIDI2LR
Hi, I was wondering is it please possible to get a copy of the PSD overlay file if you still have it or if someone in this group has it? Thanks very much.

happysnappper

Oct 16, 2018, 5:29:42 PM10/16/18
to MIDI2LR
Hi Max could I also please get the psd. Thanks a stack, great work!
Message has been deleted

Fer

Nov 15, 2018, 2:19:06 PM11/15/18
to MIDI2LR
Hi, could anybody send me the template psd please? Thank you!

ToxMox

Nov 15, 2018, 2:19:46 PM11/15/18
to MIDI2LR
Hi could I please get the PSD file too :)

Frode Haaland

Nov 16, 2018, 2:04:37 AM11/16/18
to MIDI2LR
PSD-file to me as well, please!
Thanks!

/fhh

Max

Nov 16, 2018, 6:07:33 AM11/16/18
to MIDI2LR
Hi everyone,

sorry for the late reply. Once in a while I miss a posts on this thread.
You can find the PSD file with the X-touch and the PSD file with the overlay alone here (the files are too big to attach them here):

Message has been deleted

NicoGuai

Nov 19, 2018, 4:12:31 PM11/19/18
to MIDI2LR
I'm trying to set this up in Mac with LR 2018. I can't make it work. Is it possible to do it with MAC or is it only for Windows?
working on it to avoid having to pay for LrControl!!
Please a hand with this will be very welcomed.
Thanks

Max

Nov 19, 2018, 4:34:50 PM11/19/18
to MIDI2LR
I don't know if these files works on Mac, sorry :(
Though as you can freely configure it on your own, you can just replicate my profiles by reading how I set it up in the original post.
It's actually not that hard, and I indeed used LrControl along side with the original set up from Joseph as the backbone of my setup.

Max

Nov 19, 2018, 4:35:56 PM11/19/18
to MIDI2LR
My setup is an update of Joseph Naim's work. He did the original file.

faermi

Jan 16, 2019, 5:57:01 AM1/16/19
to MIDI2LR
Hey Max, thanks a ton for you work! Quick question: which version of MIDI2LR did you use for this development? I have seen some problems with the paste command in other setups when changing version and I wanted to know just in case I have to do troubleshooting. Also, I will be installing it in computers with the English version of Lightroom (CC Classic 7.5), but with Spanish keyboard. Would you expect any trouble?

Thanks again for your work!

Max

Jan 16, 2019, 9:01:23 AM1/16/19
to MIDI2LR
On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 11:57:01 AM UTC+1, faermi wrote:
Hey Max, thanks a ton for you work!

you're welcome! Though I just built on top of Joseph's work, I didn't do very much myself ;)

Quick question: which version of MIDI2LR did you use for this development?

I made the setup using the 2.7.0.4 version.
Right now I'm using it with 2.9.5.0. without any problem, it didn't crash even a single time and all controls are very responsive.

I have experienced issues with 2.8.1.0 and 2.9.0.0, but I think they were not related to my setup (I had instability issues, MIDI2LR was just crashing continuously.

I have seen some problems with the paste command in other setups when changing version and I wanted to know just in case I have to do troubleshooting.

I didn't have problems so far, but my setup has only "Paste Previous", as i only need this one (otherwise I sync the images directly before starting editing).

Also, I will be installing it in computers with the English version of Lightroom (CC Classic 7.5), but with Spanish keyboard. Would you expect any trouble?

I use the English version of Lr with a German keyboard and don't have any issue. I don't think it should be a problem.
The keyboard shortcuts should be assigned to the letters and symbols, independently from their position on the keyboard.

In case you have any problem, let me know, I might be able to help you.

faermi

Jan 17, 2019, 3:30:44 AM1/17/19
to MIDI2LR
Thanks, Max, This is what I would call excellent customer service :)

I will create a full package (including all software installers) for myself to keep with your nice configuration, now that you have confirmed the versions and that it works with non English keyboards. When I complete it, I can upload it here if you want.

Thanks again!

Max

Jan 17, 2019, 4:06:18 AM1/17/19
to MIDI2LR
Thanks, Max, This is what I would call excellent customer service :)

LOL, thanks! I also got help when I set up my system, I'm just giving back a little ;)

I will create a full package (including all software installers) for myself to keep with your nice configuration, now that you have confirmed the versions and that it works with non English keyboards. When I complete it, I can upload it here if you want.

Yes, I think it would be useful for others and myself too, in case I need to install again :)
Message has been deleted

faermi

Jan 26, 2019, 4:16:35 PM1/26/19
to MIDI2LR
As promised, I have created the package. It is oriented towards Windows, and it contains:

* All software, with versions that I have personally tested and know that work (X-TOUCH Editor v.1.21 and MIDI2LR 2.9.5.0
* Max's settings
* Max's original overlay in PSD format, and also a PDF version that can be printed at 92% size to fit the controller
* A slightly improved set of instructions, including a small troubleshooter for a problem that I had in one of the two computers where I applied this
* Of course, references to the original authors!

Enjoy!

Max

Jan 28, 2019, 5:14:31 PM1/28/19
to MIDI2LR
Wow! Wonderful packaging! Thank you, much better than my messy collection of files. Downloaded! :)