Midi2lr not disabling screensaver with Xtouch Mini

Nuno Rolinho

Sep 21, 2021, 6:16:25 PM9/21/21
to MIDI2LR
Hi, searched for hours for this issue and didn't find an answer.
It seems that Win10 doesn't recognize a Xtouch Mini click or nob use so it kicks the screensaver when I'm editing in LR. Disabling the screensaver is an obvious solution but really need it. If anyone can help me out I'm using a Dell XPS15, win10, latest LR version.

Rory Jaffe

Sep 24, 2021, 7:17:23 AM9/24/21
to MIDI2LR
Looks like I can modify MIDI2LR to fix this. Should be in next release, which is scheduled for end of October/beginning November. I might have a build for you to try out before then.

Nuno Rolinho

Sep 24, 2021, 7:51:44 PM9/24/21
to MIDI2LR
thanks!

Rory Jaffe

Sep 24, 2021, 8:20:53 PM9/24/21
to MIDI2LR
Here's a version to test that should disable the screensaver while you're using a MIDI controller. https://www.dropbox.com/s/himqlbh85erj75b/MIDI2LRsleep.zip?dl=0 Unzip the file and move the MID2LR.exe into your MIDI2LR.lrplugin folder to replace the old one. Please provide feedback as to whether this fixed it or not. Thanks

Nuno Rolinho

Oct 27, 2021, 6:01:38 PM10/27/21
to MIDI2LR
Hi Rory, sorry for the late reply. Notifications arent' working here.
Anyways replaced the exe file with yours but nothing changed, screensaver still kicks in, restarted, repeated, nothing :(

Rory Jaffe

Nov 2, 2021, 7:51:00 PM11/2/21
to MIDI2LR
I checked into this some more. I'm able to notify the computer that it shouldn't go to sleep, but I'm unable to prevent screensaving without programmatically changing your computer's configuration. That's not a good thing to do, so I'm going to leave the program as it is currently--you're going to have to go in and disable the screensaver in your computer's settings menu if you want to.