Shortcuts not working on Mac 10.15

ghiekorg

Feb 15, 2020, 7:33:20 AM2/15/20
to MIDI2LR
If MIDI2LR appears to be functioning incorrectly, include the contents of the MIDI2LRinfo.txt file and the log file (MIDI2LR.log)in your message. These files are found in %AppData%\MIDI2LR (for Windows users) or ~/Library/Logs/MIDI2LR (MacOS users).

To find the %AppData%\MIDI2LR directory on WIndows machines, open File Explorer, type %AppData%\MIDI2LR into the address bar, hit enter.

Delete these instructions before posting your message.

Hi, sorry, I don't have the 2 requested files in my Log folder.

I can't let the shortcut work the midi is received but nothing happens when I press the buttons. I am trying to add a shortcut for HDR,Pano, Pano HDR and before/after.
I am using in iMac2019, Midi2LR 3.4.9.1, korgKontrol2, LR classic 9.2, macOS 10.15.3.
Am I doing something wrong?

I attach a couple of images. The shortcut opt+shift+ctrl+M it's a custom one made on the OS.
Thanks a lot 😊

ghiekorg
Screenshot 2020-02-15 at 13.27.23.png
Screenshot 2020-02-15 at 13.27.47.png

ghiekorg

Feb 15, 2020, 8:16:14 AM2/15/20
to MIDI2LR
sorry, I left the upper message (I was sure I deleted it...). I have another thing to add: is it normal that when I turn a knob I see two numbers and until the two are matching nothing changes?

Rory Jaffe

Feb 21, 2020, 12:54:17 AM2/21/20
to MIDI2LR
The answer to this is YES. The two numbers means that your controller is out of sync with Lightroom. If you have pickup enabled in MIDI2LR, it will not change values in Lightroom until your controller is moved past the value that is in Lightroom. This prevents sudden massive changes in develop values when your controller is out of sync.

Please find those two files, using the instructions above. MIDI2LR should be throwing error messages if it is unable to write those files. The correct directory is ~/Library/Logs/MIDI2LR.

ghiekorg

Feb 24, 2020, 2:22:46 PM2/24/20
to MIDI2LR
Here are the logs files. Thanks a lot
MIDI2LR.log
MIDI2LRinfo.txt

Rory Jaffe

Feb 28, 2020, 8:03:23 PM2/28/20
to MIDI2LR
MIDI2LR is having trouble getting keyboard information on your system. I think it's a timing issue that I'll have to address in a future release.

ghiekorg

Feb 29, 2020, 8:46:24 AM2/29/20
to MIDI2LR
Is there something I can do to either solve the problem or help you solving it? Thanks

Rory Jaffe

Feb 29, 2020, 6:27:05 PM2/29/20
to MIDI2LR
Thank you for your offer. Your log files produced what I think is needed to identify the fix and I appreciate you sharing those with me. When I do get the fix ready, then I could use your help testing it. I'll post a message in this conversation when the proposed fix is ready.

Rory Jaffe

Mar 3, 2020, 8:21:53 PM3/3/20
to MIDI2LR
Could you try installing this new version and see if it fixes the problem? Thanks: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5w6t1q7m7wtvnyb/MIDI2LR-3.4.10.0-osx-installer.dmg?dl=0

Rainer Weinfurter

Mar 4, 2020, 1:06:44 PM3/4/20
to MIDI2LR
Hi Rory,

I had the same problem with shortcuts not working (suddenly)  I am using MACOS 10.15.3 - MIDI2LR V 3.2.3.0 then 3.4.9.1 and now 3.4.10.0 - LR Classic 9.2. -  4x Behringer X-touch mini and an iMAC 27).
Version 3.4.10.0 (as bad as older versions - when installed again) did not give access to keyboard shortcuts after installation.

But it works, when - before installing MIDI2LR - Rights in the Systems-Safety Menu are erased, especially  in the Menu with the icon showing a white person on blue background and a white circle -  "Bedienungshilfen" in German.
Then, after MIDI2LR is installed (no matter if version V 3.2.3.0 / 3.4.9.1 / 3.4.10.0) after giving access to MIDI2LR, everything works.
So the Rights management is/was the problem...

Thankyou for developing MIDI2LR !!

Rainer (Berlin, Germany)

Rory Jaffe

Mar 4, 2020, 1:18:45 PM3/4/20
to MIDI2LR
Thanks for the info. I've had reports before of the app crashing, and requiring erasure of the rights information--that was even in the FAQ, but haven't had this silent failure before. Could you attach a copy of your MIDI2LR.log? That'll help me in the future.

Rainer Weinfurter

Mar 5, 2020, 5:49:54 AM3/5/20
to MIDI2LR
Hi Rory,

here are the .log and the info.txt.
I hope this will help!

Thankyou!

Rainer
MIDI2LR.log
MIDI2LRinfo.txt

Rory Jaffe

Mar 5, 2020, 11:19:47 AM3/5/20
to MIDI2LR
Thanks for the information. I'm updating the FAQ for this issue and releasing the bug fix.