MIDI2LR + Behringer X-Touch Mini to darktable app compatibility

Rui M Leal

Jan 4, 2018, 11:36:41 AM1/4/18
to MIDI2LR
Hello to all,

I know this is a long shot in the dark but just wondering if anyone here attempted to port Midi2LR with a Behringer X-Touch Mini to the free app darktable?

Just recently found out about this app which is mainly written in LUA language and released under the GPL 3.0 but so similar visually to Lightroom.

Leave links here if you want to check it out as I think this could be a potentially freely app to replace Lightroom in the near future and with the new 2.4.0 update it really snaps and also makes a lot of adjustments and corrections that I think this could be a good implement for MIDI2LR.

https://www.darktable.org/ or https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/releases or https://www.facebook.com/darktable

Since Adobe will probably planning on leaving us bare hands with no support for Lightroom Classic in the near future maybe this could be a growing alternative among the other few apps that start to arise.

Sorry if this is not welcomed here but I just wanted to figure out if this can be ported since darktable is LUA and GPL 3.0 compliant, also it has a humongous list of applicable shortcuts available to all it's modules that at least could be a good idea to investigate.

So far I was able to configure and program some sliders and actions with Bome MIDI Translator but I think a dedicated app for it would be much welcomed.

Happy New Year everyone

Rui