[MIDI2LR] End of service?

JUNG HWAN OH

Jan 23, 2019, 1:54:35 AM1/23/19
to MIDI2LR
What happens when the service is closed?

Is it impossible to use?

I heard you're retiring.....

Rory Jaffe

Jan 23, 2019, 8:28:24 PM1/23/19
to MIDI2LR
This is an open-source application. Anyone can continue improving it, as long as they adhere to the license terms for the code base, which is GPL 3.0. "Permissions of this strong copyleft license are conditioned on making available complete source code of licensed works and modifications, which include larger works using a licensed work, under the same license. Copyright and license notices must be preserved. Contributors provide an express grant of patent rights."

I do this as a side-hobby. As long as I enjoy doing it (it certainly doesn't make money) I'll do it. Anyone can help improve it now, and anyone can take it over when I stop working on it.

Until Adobe dramatically changes their Lightroom API, MIDI2LR will work, regardless of whether I'm supporting it or not.