Keep button light on after press

Walt Zubak

Jul 4, 2018, 10:00:55 AM7/4/18
to MIDI2LR
Is there a way to keep the button light on after you press it so you have an idea as to which profile you are in.

Thanks in advance

Walt

Ernst Bokkelkamp

Jul 4, 2018, 12:22:48 PM7/4/18
to MIDI2LR
No.

MIDI2LR expects a momentary contact, what this means is that pressing the button the value changes from 0 to 127, this will cause to button to light up, followed by a value change from 127 to 0 when the button is released which causes the light go off.

The problem is that a button is used to send a command and does not represent a state. On the X-Touch Mini it would be possible to send a midi message with the value 127 to the controller button so that the light is switched on but MIDI2LR now has a problem because pressing the button the next time causes the value 0 to be send to MIDI2LR is not registered as a button press.

It is important to understand that the light represents the internal state of the button, to change the light the internal state must be changed, this can be done by pressing the button or to send a midi message with a value to the controller with the address of the button.

Walt Zubak

Jul 4, 2018, 12:52:44 PM7/4/18
to MIDI2LR
Thank you for the info helps me understands.

Max

Jul 4, 2018, 1:52:55 PM7/4/18
to MIDI2LR
Hi Walt, it is possible, with one little drawback: you press once, the button lights up and the profile is selected. When you press it again, the light goes out, but midi2lr doesn't register it as a command. Which in a way is also an advantage.

This means that if you press another button to change profile, the second one lights up, the first one doesn't go off, but luckily, you can turn off the first one, also while being in another profile, since as wrote above, the second press of the same button doesn't send any signal, it just turns off the light.

This is the way I use it. Very handy, as I use 8 different profiles.

This behavior is programmed using the x-touch mini editor. I'm not at my pc right now, so I unfortunately don't recall how the function is called.
If you need help, lemme know.