Problem loading-saving profile, solved

Milan Cekic

Jan 4, 2019, 6:13:16 PM1/4/19
to MIDI2LR
Hello everyone,

I don't know if anyone had the simillar issue with Midi2LR (ver 2.9.5.0) - every time I wanted to save or load profile to xml, plugin crashes. No message or anything, just the main windows dissaperars. LR continues to work ok.
It's on windows 10 home 64, lightroom classic 7.4, using Novation LaunchControl midi device...

It was very frustrating! I programmed most of the keys on device and tried to save a setup. Of course, it never saves my profile... so the software went useless... and my brand new launch control device.... well, it almost did... :)
I tried 3 reinstalls, donwgraded to older version and nothing....

However, I tried a rather stupid trick and it worked:

Start lightroom, open explorer and navigate to MIDI2LR folder (in my case, it is C:\Users\Milan\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules\MIDI2LR.lrplugin)
Right click on MIDI2LR application and click Run as administrator, then try to save or load any profile.... it worked like charm for me, finally!
well, now we must make LR also load a plugin as admin.... it is a simple task (and no, we are not going to tweak any LR setings or ini files, no way!!)

Do this:
close lightroom and midi2lr
right click on application file (MIDI2LR), select Properties and then select Compatibility, then select/tick  RUN THIS PROGRAM AS AN ADMINISTRATOR field, click apply and ok

Now close all windows and run LR again, it should also work with no problems.... at least it works for me!
Also, I enabled an option from LR Plugin manager: select MIDI2LR and tick RELOAD PLUGIN ON EACH EXPORT.
Now it works nice and stable, after a long time.... I almost quit trying, and this was a last desperate try... :)

Hope I helped....

Best wishes to all of you, people!
Milan