Synchronising midi controller with Lightroom

Michael Kai

Jun 12, 2017, 11:56:52 PM6/12/17
to MIDI2LR
Hi there, I have just been playing with the MIDI2LR project which is fantastic.

I am trying to control Lightroom with my DIY midi controller (based on this project: https://learn.adafruit.com/mini-untztrument-3d-printed-midi-controller/overview) but it features a few more buttons and 4 digital rotary encoders instead of analogue ones.

I was wondering if there is any way to synchronise the values in Lightroom (e.g. Exposure) with the Encoder values of my controller? I attached the INO file too. Does MIDI2LR reads back any information from Lightroom that can be passed back to the encoders? - so it actually just increases or decreases exposure and not trying to pick up previous information about it's position.

Maybe there is even a better / more obvious solution out there? Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael
Lightroom_Box.ino

Rory Jaffe

Jun 24, 2017, 7:42:09 PM6/24/17
to MIDI2LR
For continuous controls, MIDI2LR sends back the values from the current picture, whenever it is changed.

I assume your digital encoders are translated to MIDI values when transmitting information to the computer. Do they send CC messages or Note ON messages?