Xtouch mini - Change profile with the fader ?

Christophe Mely

Jul 7, 2018, 8:59:34 AM7/7/18
to MIDI2LR
Hello everybody,

Just getting a Xtouch Mini AND Midi2LR (thank you for this software !) and trying to configure it.

Do you know if it is possible to change a profile based on the fader value ?

In Xtouch Editor, it is possible to restrict the value taken by the fader. I would like to affect profile_A to value 0 of the fader, Profile_B to value 1 of the fader, ... you get the idea :)

How could I do that ?

Thank you for your help.

Ernst Bokkelkamp

Jul 7, 2018, 9:26:05 AM7/7/18
to MIDI2LR
I suggest you ignore the fader, soon enough you should notice why the fader can not be used for that purpose.
It helps to read the documentation in the wiki: https://github.com/rsjaffe/MIDI2LR/wiki
Also see #18 in the FAQ as this is the basic problem with the fader.

Christophe Mely

Jul 7, 2018, 11:07:37 AM7/7/18
to MIDI2LR
Thank you Ernst for the quick answer :)

I was hoping to avoid affecting profiles to xTouch button, in order to keep them free free for other functions.

Ernst Bokkelkamp

Jul 7, 2018, 12:43:42 PM7/7/18
to MIDI2LR
You do not need (*) to use buttons for profiles. In the MIDI2LR settings you can specify which profile is loaded when a module / tool is selected.
(*) exception: the color adjustments panel works best with one button each for Hue, Saturation and Luminance.

Ernst Bokkelkamp

Jul 7, 2018, 1:08:35 PM7/7/18
to MIDI2LR
This is my setup. The photo of the X-Touch Mini shows the "old" configuration, the function "INF J" (Note B1 & B-1) is now one button to the left  in layer B (Note A#1) and has been replaced with the function "FullRefresh" (on Note B1 & B-1). It is highly recommended (=must) to press this button after pushing a layer button to force a refresh of the cached midi state.
Behringer_doc.zip

Christophe Mely

Jul 7, 2018, 3:13:01 PM7/7/18
to MIDI2LR
Thank you, Ernst for your setup : this is really interesting for me and your screenshots are very informative.
Some "good food for though" :) ... and one week at least to figure out how to do my own setup :D

It seems that the library's"quick develop" commands are not usable within Xtouch Mini ? Am I right ?

Ernst Bokkelkamp

Jul 8, 2018, 2:53:58 AM7/8/18
to MIDI2LR
The Lightroom SDK does not have any APIs for quick develop. I do not know of any keyboard shortcuts that might be usable.
The only way for this panel is to use the mouse.

Max

Jul 8, 2018, 3:51:55 AM7/8/18
to MIDI2LR
Ernst is right, the fader is almost useless.
The only use I found for it is for the temperature fine adjustment (I got the idea from the LrControl plugin settings) and split toning balance (since the value is set to 0 at the beginning, and I usually keep the fader at 0).

For these two uses it works well enough.

Christophe Mely

Jul 8, 2018, 5:06:00 AM7/8/18
to MIDI2LR
Thank you Ernst and Max :)

Maybe the fader could be use for scroll up / scroll down in library view ?

Walt Zubak

Jul 12, 2018, 5:32:07 PM7/12/18
to MIDI2LR
Ernst