Copy and paste LR settings not working

Sarvesh Prabhugaonkar

Apr 5, 2019, 6:56:07 AM4/5/19
to MIDI2LR
When mapped to a button it should copy and paste the settings. (It did work one time only when I first set it up)
Nothing changes
Steps to reproduce the behavior: I have remapped several different buttons with the same results.
System information
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.4
MIDI2LR version: 3.0.2.0
Lightroom version: CC
Controller: Behringer Xtouch mini

Joel Smith

Apr 16, 2019, 11:25:13 AM4/16/19
to MIDI2LR
I've had the same issue. None of my keyboard shortcuts work when triggered via Midi2 LR. However, entering the same shortcut via the physical keyboard, works as expected.

I'm using Midi2LR 3.0.2.0, Mac OS: 10.14.3. Lightroom Classic CC: 8.2.1

I've restarted the operating system and reinstalled Midi2LR.

Thanks!

Leonardo Gomes

May 1, 2019, 5:18:31 PM5/1/19
to MIDI2LR
When this happens I give permission again and it works. Got to System Preferences - Security... - Accessibility - Put your password, uncheck mid2LR and check again.

Rory Jaffe

May 6, 2019, 3:03:08 PM5/6/19
to MIDI2LR
Version 3.1 will display a prompt when the permissions are missing in OSX. It's in beta test now, at https://github.com/rsjaffe/MIDI2LR/releases.

Roberto Constantin

Dec 15, 2019, 3:04:29 PM12/15/19
to MIDI2LR
not working! a function so important and so simple, it does not work!

Sameh Abdallah

Dec 15, 2019, 7:18:35 PM12/15/19
to MIDI2LR
Same thing here, it wont allow me to assign copy/past settings. Ive been upgrading Midi2lR with no avail.  I also completely uninstalled it and re-installed it, removed permissions and gave it back and still the same issues.

Looking for a fix!

Rory Jaffe

Dec 16, 2019, 3:46:49 PM12/16/19
to MIDI2LR
What version are you using and what symptoms to you get? Crash? Please include the contents of the the log file (MIDI2LR.log) in your message. This file is found in ~/Library/Logs/MIDI2LR (MacOS users). If you are having a crash, you can help debug the issue by installing the latest version of MIDI2LR (https://github.com/rsjaffe/MIDI2LR/releases) then replace MIDI2LR.app with the version in this zip file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnfbpr4cjr84baw/MIDI2LR5.zip?dl=0. Then run and crash the program and post the MIDI2LR.log contents for the last run. The special version of MIDI2LR.app will add lots of log entries that should help pinpoint what is happening. Thanks for your assistance.

Rory Jaffe

Dec 16, 2019, 3:46:59 PM12/16/19
to MIDI2LR
What version are you using and what symptoms to you get? Crash? Please include the contents of the the log file (MIDI2LR.log) in your message. This file is found in ~/Library/Logs/MIDI2LR (MacOS users). If you are having a crash, you can help debug the issue by installing the latest version of MIDI2LR (https://github.com/rsjaffe/MIDI2LR/releases) then replace MIDI2LR.app with the version in this zip file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnfbpr4cjr84baw/MIDI2LR5.zip?dl=0. Then run and crash the program and post the MIDI2LR.log contents for the last run. The special version of MIDI2LR.app will add lots of log entries that should help pinpoint what is happening. Thanks for your assistance.

SE

Jan 3, 2020, 12:20:10 PM1/3/20
to MIDI2LR
Same issue here, after many versions that crashed the last one just ignores keyboard shortcuts. Added/removed/ticked/unticked in Accessibility permissions, no effect.
Latest OSX, latest MIDI2LR, latest Lightroom.

Rory Jaffe

Jan 4, 2020, 2:33:58 PM1/4/20
to mid...@googlegroups.com
Try installing the version at https://www.dropbox.com/s/5y7yyc2xp1d2q1v/MIDI2LR-3.4.9.0-osx-installer.dmg?dl=0 . The log files seem to point to a delayed initialization of the keyboard mapping process, this should fix that. Please reply as to success/failure.

SE

Jan 4, 2020, 2:42:38 PM1/4/20
to MIDI2LR
Installed, still ignoring keyboard. Fiddled with permissions, still nothing.

Rory Jaffe

Jan 4, 2020, 5:23:23 PM1/4/20
to MIDI2LR
Arrgh! Here's another try to fix that: https://www.dropbox.com/s/32h0j9xi28xmyz1/MIDI2LR-3.4.9.1-osx-installer.dmg?dl=0 . Again, please post either success or failure. If this works, then there is a bug in the third-party framework (Juce) used for this application.

SE

Jan 5, 2020, 4:22:28 AM1/5/20
to MIDI2LR
Yep, this one works with all by keyboard shortcuts straight away!

Rory Jaffe

Jan 5, 2020, 2:38:46 PM1/5/20
to MIDI2LR
That's a bit bizarre, but I'll take it as a win. This code proves that Juce has a bug in it regarding the message loop.

SE

Jan 5, 2020, 3:32:40 PM1/5/20
to MIDI2LR
Thank you for your help! I'm glad it works and that I might have been of any assistance.

Jazmin EB

Jan 6, 2020, 3:27:31 PM1/6/20
to MIDI2LR
Hi there, first time on this type of groups.... when I set up the COPY keyboard command, which is Command + C on Mac... I get the pop up window is that normal?... isn't a way to just straight copy the settings?

Rory Jaffe

Jan 7, 2020, 1:49:33 PM1/7/20
to MIDI2LR
You could try: Sync Settings – no dialog :Ctrl Alt S  or Cmd Opt S

Aleksandr Newsky

Jan 28, 2020, 9:41:51 AM1/28/20
to MIDI2LR
Win7x64Rus
LR 8.4.1
AKAI Midimix
Midi2Lr 3.4.9.1

Copy and paste LR settings not working :(
Deleted the settings. Completely deleted the plugin. Reinstalled. Restarted the system. Tied to different buttons and crawlers. No results. No mistakes. It just doesn't work (Function keyboard shortcut not working to). The code in square brackets is [127].

Al

Feb 14, 2020, 5:35:13 AM2/14/20
to MIDI2LR
I've also never managed to get this to work on my Windows 10 system.

Aleksandr Newsky

Feb 16, 2020, 1:16:28 AM2/16/20
to MIDI2LR
Tell me, is it possible to get help here? After all, the function does not work! Why is the author not responding?

пятница, 5 апреля 2019 г., 13:56:07 UTC+3 пользователь Sarvesh Prabhugaonkar написал:
When mapped to a button it should copy and paste the settings. (It did work one time only when I first set it up)

Rory Jaffe

Feb 21, 2020, 12:50:08 AM2/21/20
to MIDI2LR
The author of this free application was on vacation. To get an idea of what's going on with your system, please  include the contents of the MIDI2LRinfo.txt file and the log file (MIDI2LR.log)in your message. These files are found in %AppData%\MIDI2LR (for Windows users) or ~/Library/Logs/MIDI2LR (MacOS users).

To find the %AppData%\MIDI2LR directory on WIndows machines, open File Explorer, type %AppData%\MIDI2LR into the address bar, hit enter.

Aleksandr Newsky

Feb 21, 2020, 3:39:36 AM2/21/20
to MIDI2LR
Thanks for your reply. Sorry for my incontinence. I am sending data and a screenshot.

пятница, 21 февраля 2020 г., 8:50:08 UTC+3 пользователь Rory Jaffe написал:
MIDI2LR.log
MIDI2LR.png
MIDI2LRinfo.txt

Rory Jaffe

Feb 23, 2020, 11:58:15 AM2/23/20
to MIDI2LR
Thanks for the files. That helps me understand the issue. When you type on your keyboard, what keys do you press for lightroom copy and paste? What is the name of the Lightroom program as shown at the top left of the program window, like this example, which shows the name as "Lightroom Classic":

Annotation 2020-02-23 085614.png

Aleksandr Newsky

Feb 24, 2020, 12:51:20 AM2/24/20
to MIDI2LR
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic
Ctrl+Alt+C for copy settings, and Ctrl+Alt+V for past settings But! In order for the "hot keys" to work, the keyboard layout in the LR should be only English. When the keyboard layout is Russian, hot keys (all but "\") do not work. When I use the MIDI keyboard and MIDI2LR, when using the selected button, the layout is always English. Although I tried to force Russian and again force English, there is no difference.

воскресенье, 23 февраля 2020 г., 19:58:15 UTC+3 пользователь Rory Jaffe написал:
Спасибо за файлы. Это помогает мне понять проблему. Когда вы печатаете на клавиатуре, какие клавиши вы нажимаете для копирования и вставки в светлую комнату? Как называется программа Lightroom, как показано в левом верхнем углу окна программы, например, в этом примере, которое отображается как «Lightroom Classic»:

Аннотация 2020-02-23 085614.png

В пятницу, 21 февраля 2020 года в 00:39:36 UTC-8 Александр Ньюский написал:
Thanks for your reply. Sorry for my incontinence. I am sending data and a screenshot.

Автор этого бесплатного приложения был в отпуске. Чтобы получить представление о том, что происходит с вашей системой, пожалуйста,  включите содержимое  файла MIDI2LRinfo.txt и файл журнала ( MIDI2LR.log ) в ваше сообщение. Эти файлы находятся в  % AppData% \ MIDI2LR  (для пользователей Windows) или  ~ / Library / Logs / MIDI2LR  (для пользователей MacOS).

On Saturday, February 15, 2020 at 10:16:28 PM UTC-8, Aleksandr Newsky wrote:
Tell me, is it possible to get help here? After all, the function does not work! Why is the author not responding?

пятница, 5 апреля 2019 г., 13:56:07 UTC+3 пользователь Sarvesh Prabhugaonkar написал:
При сопоставлении с кнопкой следует скопировать и вставить настройки. (Это работало один раз, только когда я впервые его настроил)
Ничто не меняет
Шаги, чтобы воспроизвести поведение: я переназначил несколько разных кнопок с одинаковыми результатами.
Информация о системе
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.4
Версия MIDI2LR: 3.0.2.0
Версия Lightroom: CC
Контроллер: Behringer Xtouch mini
2020-02-24_08-43-18.png

Rory Jaffe

Feb 28, 2020, 8:07:54 PM2/28/20
to MIDI2LR
Is the keyboard set to "English" for all applications or just Lightroom? MIDI2LR is having trouble identifying the keyboard being used by Lightroom so it uses the keyboard that is being used by MIDI2LR. In most setups, this will be the same layout, but Windows allows you to have different layouts for different applications.

Looking at your setup, you are going to have to ensure the "English" keyboard is set up for the system before running LR.