local adjustment preset (recall specific preset) / target adjustment (tone curve; hsl bwmix)

Tomala

Nov 16, 2017, 6:05:13 AM11/16/17
to MIDI2LR
for adjustment presets:
     is it possible to make option that  'midi2lr' can read list of local adjustment presets in local adjustment folder  and make it possible to  recall any of theese    like 'paddy for lightroom' does?
for target adjustments:
     is it possible to add option for direct adjustment  like hue saturation luminance anb b&w mix as well as tone curve?
i mean is it possible? and it would be so beautifull.
enyway thanks for what is by now. amazing.

Clifton Saulnier

Nov 18, 2017, 8:37:25 PM11/18/17
to MIDI2LR
It is possible to recall local presets.   As a proof of concept I created a function to do just that.

Rory Jaffe

Nov 18, 2017, 10:02:08 PM11/18/17
to MIDI2LR
Could you share that?

Clifton Saulnier

Nov 19, 2017, 12:24:54 AM11/19/17
to MIDI2LR
Did you get my private message?

On Saturday, November 18, 2017 at 11:02:08 PM UTC-4, Rory Jaffe wrote:
Could you share that?

Clifton Saulnier

Nov 19, 2017, 12:36:28 AM11/19/17
to MIDI2LR
 I declare the class in Client.lua

 local LocalPresets      = require 'LocalPresets'

Then  call  to get a list of the current LR local adjustment preset filenames.
local LocalPresetFilenames = LocalPresets.GetPresetFilenames()

To test, I assigned 6 midi buttons to ActionSeries1-6 then overwrote the ActionSeries functions to simply call my ApplyLocalPreset function.  The argument passed is the filename

     ACTIONS.ActionSeries1 = function() LocalPresets.ApplyLocalPreset (LocalPresetFilenames[1]) end
ACTIONS.ActionSeries2 = function() LocalPresets.ApplyLocalPreset (LocalPresetFilenames[2]) end
ACTIONS.ActionSeries3 = function() LocalPresets.ApplyLocalPreset (LocalPresetFilenames[3]) end
ACTIONS.ActionSeries4 = function() LocalPresets.ApplyLocalPreset (LocalPresetFilenames[4]) end
ACTIONS.ActionSeries5 = function() LocalPresets.ApplyLocalPreset (LocalPresetFilenames[5]) end
ACTIONS.ActionSeries6 = function() LocalPresets.ApplyLocalPreset (LocalPresetFilenames[6]) end

Clifton Saulnier

Nov 19, 2017, 1:04:06 AM11/19/17
to MIDI2LR
What is the current status on local presets?  Is there anyone working on it?

Rory Jaffe

Nov 19, 2017, 2:32:13 AM11/19/17
to MIDI2LR
Everyone is invited to contribute to the code through a pull request.

Clifton Saulnier

Nov 19, 2017, 10:20:05 AM11/19/17
to MIDI2LR
I'm old school. :)  I've never used github.  I suppose I could learn.

I'm able to set all local preset values except for the color.
I have no way to set the following values through the API.

toningHue -->  "local_ToningHue" doesn't exsist
toningSaturation --> "local_ToningSaturation" doesn't exsist

Do you know of any undocumented way to set these values?

Rory Jaffe

Nov 19, 2017, 9:44:11 PM11/19/17
to MIDI2LR
I've found some undocumented commands--all that I've found are listed in the wiki with an ※ to show that it's experimental.

https://github.com/rsjaffe/MIDI2LR/wiki/Commands Looking at the local adjustments section, the only ones I found were Whites, Blacks, and Dehaze.

Tomala

Nov 20, 2017, 8:04:06 AM11/20/17
to MIDI2LR
hi again, i am not a programmer i can't help with the code :( or any of these.
midi2lr has an option  to assign 80 presets via develop presets menu, i understand it can read list of presets phisicaly located in lightroom develop presets folder.
my idea is to make option menu for local adjustment presets which will read list of presets in local adjustmen preset folder and so on we can do simillar way to assign it via option menu to recall it later via button... do you understand what i mean? so if we in the brush / radial / gradient mode pressing that button will swich to specific preset :) i know it is easy to say or dream but it is just maybe an idea? have a good day :)

Clifton Saulnier

Nov 20, 2017, 8:13:40 AM11/20/17
to MIDI2LR
Hi Tomala... yes I understand fully what you mean. :)  I have this implemented and have been using it for the past several days.   The only issue is if you have a color in your preset.  There is no way to tell LR the color being used in the local preset.

Thanks Rory... I already looked through that list and didn't find anything other than what you posted here.  :(  Sad.

Clifton Saulnier

Nov 20, 2017, 8:16:04 AM11/20/17
to MIDI2LR
Tomala... I currently have 8 local adjustment presets assigned on my XTouch mini when I select the brush tool.  :)  Works great.

Tomala

Nov 20, 2017, 8:37:46 AM11/20/17
to MIDI2LR
Hi Clifton :) great to hear that, even if it does not set the color, it still be great, usually we need presets for dodge burn, detail , soften, and would be cool to see that even without  been able to set the color :)
for now i assigning presets to vsco keys and along with that i am using novation nocturn midi device. and it is much better performance here in lightroom cc classic than using paddy with lightroom 5 but paddy even if it's powerfull and great tool it's not working with the new lightroom.
do you know any similar software for lightroom cc but for keyboard mapping?

Tomala

Nov 20, 2017, 8:45:47 AM11/20/17
to MIDI2LR
wish to have hexa deca brain like you :) let God Bless You :)

Clifton Saulnier

Nov 20, 2017, 2:34:28 PM11/20/17
to MIDI2LR
I remember using / experimenting with  Paddy years ago, but I don't remember too much about it other than you could map keyboard keys.

Doesn't vsco allow you to do keyboard mapping?

You say that you are using vsco for presets... are you referring to Local Adjustment Presets?   If so do they apply presets with color properly?

Tomala

Nov 20, 2017, 3:16:02 PM11/20/17
to MIDI2LR
VSCO KEY is keyboard mapper soft, i can map develop presets and sliders movements for almost anything but not for local adjustment presets or not for midi devices... it.s  free on here https://support.vsco.co/hc/en-us/articles/205630364-VSCO-Keys-2-0-Open-Source
with paddy and lightroom 5 i can map keyboard and some of midi devices like novation nocturn, behinger or xkeys... link to video tutorials on here https://www.youtube.com/user/PaddyforLightroom/videos
with paddy you can do almost everything you can map keyboard mouse midi with encoders. do relative presets scripts all sort of everything but only in lightroom 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQUtw9WSuLs&t=144s
what was even great in paddy you could either do presets to just copy specyfic peace of picture develope settings to paste it later to another picture, for example i could set "shift+F1" to just copy white balance and with "shift+F2" to copy wb and base tones  your midi2lr does similar you can copy all settings from picture and paste it with option to check which one you want.
i was also using relative presets for example if i wanted to open shaddows i did preset for that inside paddy so i set the preset as this: shadows +10 / blacks + 5 / tone curve darks+10 / and tc shaddows+5 /- so everytime i pressed button assigned to that preset it was adding this to picture by ammount i set in the preset. so after example five times i pressed button i had shadows to 50 black to 25 etc...
is this needed? i dont think so as i can directly turn the encoders with midi2lr end it is smooth and nice. but in lightroom cc no other software do the local adjustment presets recall, and you said you did it and it works great :) (even without color settings) must need option in an update  :) please :)

Rory Jaffe

Nov 23, 2017, 2:07:41 PM11/23/17
to MIDI2LR
I've added this to the github issues list to get it into the pipeline.

Clifton Saulnier

Nov 23, 2017, 3:25:03 PM11/23/17
to MIDI2LR
Thanks Rory... I have created a Github account.  I also read a few articles and watched a few videos on git / github.   I got an understanding of what it is, but not fully. ;)   I added my LocalPresets.lua file to a new branch I created from your develop branch and did a Pull Request.
Not sure if it did it correctly or not.   Let me know if I did it correctly or not. :)

Clifton Saulnier

Nov 23, 2017, 3:51:11 PM11/23/17
to MIDI2LR
The pull request says that 6 files have changed which is not true.  I only made changes to client.lua and added the LocalPresets.lua file.  I thought that I had added those files to the ignore list... don't what is happening.  I'm guessing it's just my lack of knowledge with github.

Rory Jaffe

Nov 23, 2017, 6:04:48 PM11/23/17
to MIDI2LR
No worries. I reverted the unwanted changes and am busily integrating it into the program.

Rory Jaffe

Nov 23, 2017, 6:06:16 PM11/23/17
to MIDI2LR
You can see my edits so far on branch pr/408 in my repository.

Clifton Saulnier

Nov 23, 2017, 6:35:50 PM11/23/17
to MIDI2LR
Excellent... I'll check it out. :)   See my other comments on the pull request... perhaps a feature that could be implemented in the future.

Clifton Saulnier

Nov 23, 2017, 6:52:33 PM11/23/17
to MIDI2LR
From what I gather you have allowed only 5 local presets.  I would suggest more.  I currently have 8 local presets mapped on my xtouch mini.   The entire bottom row of keys.

Clifton Saulnier

Nov 23, 2017, 7:39:03 PM11/23/17
to MIDI2LR

Just for an example, here my is midi layout.  Bottom row is local adjustment brushes.

Rory Jaffe

Nov 23, 2017, 11:56:42 PM11/23/17
to MIDI2LR
Eight's no problem. I just started with five as that's what you had. I'll make it 8.

Tomala

Nov 24, 2017, 6:34:56 AM11/24/17
to MIDI2LR
Guys U R awesome amazing. bless you, it work for me now.  there is no words to say thank you.
i got my xtouch mini yesterday, how did you paint the nobs :) looks great.

i labeled my keyboard with uv printer this week, and it  looks like this,
and that is to using with vsco keys. if you have questions i will help. vsco works with lightroom cc classic for me, but i read some ppl have problem..., and you can map only develop presets with it as weel as develop sliders but not dehaze...
so it is good as midi has not many buttons and for example i set
F1 to reset picture to default
F2 to set auto tone
F3 to set auto wb
F4 wb as shot
but i had to do develop presets first for that above

than i did presets to basicaly recover higlights etc and then mapped that, so i don't always have to turn that much nobs on midi just to correct it a little to taste i want...
have a nice weekend.

ps, not need this that much, but what about integrating keyboard mapper in future? :) don't worry just kidding :)

and you can set also mod key to turn on off vsco keys if you need to have normal usage of keyboard.

Clifton Saulnier

Nov 24, 2017, 8:12:26 AM11/24/17
to MIDI2LR
Very cool.  I ordered the nobs online.  They are Chroma Caps from DJ TechTools  : https://store.djtechtools.com/products/chroma-caps-knobs-and-faders

Clifton Saulnier

Nov 24, 2017, 8:12:59 AM11/24/17
to MIDI2LR
Perfect....thanks again Rory! ;)
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Rory Jaffe

Nov 24, 2017, 2:19:12 PM11/24/17
to mid...@googlegroups.com
Here's a test version. You can download it at http://thejaffes.org/share/LocalPresetsTest.zip. Unzip it in your MIDI2LR.lrplugin folder to test the local presets. There's a separate tab on the Options menu and the Local Adjustments submenu on the app has the preset assignments. Looking forward to your feedback. Rory

Clifton Saulnier

Nov 24, 2017, 2:50:55 PM11/24/17
to MIDI2LR
I don't see any attachments.

On Friday, November 24, 2017 at 3:19:12 PM UTC-4, Rory Jaffe wrote:
Here's a test version. Unzip it in your MIDI2LR.lrplugin folder to test the local presets. There's a separate tab on the Options menu and the Local Adjustments submenu on the app has the preset assignments. Looking forward to your feedback. Rory
Message has been deleted

Rory Jaffe

Nov 24, 2017, 3:41:45 PM11/24/17
to MIDI2LR
I think Google Groups is stripping the attachment. You can download it at http://thejaffes.org/share/LocalPresetsTest.zip .

Tomala

Nov 24, 2017, 8:41:02 PM11/24/17
to MIDI2LR

works great for me win10 x64 but after repleaced files asked me once to let the permition for unknown publisher.

for me it is not a problem to copy name of the file and paste it but i wonder about at least similar way that u set up the develop preset via menu and list of presets, or all of that different that much? but it works and it doing what it should do anyeway as it is it is e powerfull tool. thanks.

Clifton Saulnier

Nov 24, 2017, 11:18:00 PM11/24/17
to MIDI2LR
lol.. love the sketch. ;)   Glad to hear that it's working for you and the optimization improved the cropping tool.  I think we should drop the file extension when specifying local preset and append it in the program file.   I will get on that if you all agree. :)

Rory Jaffe

Nov 25, 2017, 10:55:48 AM11/25/17
to MIDI2LR
Develop presets are handled differently by Lightroom than Local Adjustment Presets, which is why I hadn't programmed this in earlier. There's an organized programming interface for develop presets that does not exist for local adjustment presets.

Rory Jaffe

Nov 25, 2017, 10:56:24 AM11/25/17
to MIDI2LR
I agree on stripping the file extension.

Rory Jaffe

Nov 26, 2017, 5:10:10 PM11/26/17
to MIDI2LR
I made the file extension optional. When closing the dialog box, the code looks to see if the string ends in .lrtemplate. If not, it appends that before saving it as a program preference.

Clifton Saulnier

Nov 26, 2017, 9:22:36 PM11/26/17
to MIDI2LR
Excellent.  I still think it should be stripped altogether.
Check out the Pull request for how I handle selecting a local preset.

You also need to add the additional three actions to Client.lua :

      LocalPreset6 = function() LocalPresets.ApplyLocalPreset(ProgramPreferences.LocalPresets[6]) end,
      LocalPreset7 = function() LocalPresets.ApplyLocalPreset(ProgramPreferences.LocalPresets[7]) end,
      LocalPreset8 = function() LocalPresets.ApplyLocalPreset(ProgramPreferences.LocalPresets[8]) end,

Clifton Saulnier

Nov 26, 2017, 10:35:59 PM11/26/17
to MIDI2LR
See Pull Request 412.

Tomala

Nov 27, 2017, 1:08:48 PM11/27/17
to MIDI2LR

i did allowed 13 presets by modifing files (i am learning by comparing :)) it looks like this now
and it works but why don't make strait away room for 20 of them? :)

Diko Jelev

Nov 29, 2017, 12:48:18 PM11/29/17
to MIDI2LR
THat was a long awaited feature that I asked about around the start of this forum.

I love it that it's finally here :-)

On Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 1:05:13 PM UTC+2, Tomala wrote:
for adjustment presets:
     is it possible to make option that  'midi2lr' can read list of local adjustment presets in local adjustment folder  and make it possible to  recall any of theese    like 'paddy for lightroom' does?
for target adjustments:
     is it possible to add option for direct adjustment  like hue saturation luminance anb b&w mix as well as tone curve?
i mean is it possible? and it would be so beautifull.
enyway thanks for what is by now. amazing.

Clifton Saulnier

Nov 29, 2017, 1:48:53 PM11/29/17
to MIDI2LR
lol... It's a feature I didn't know I needed until I implemented it.   Now I love having 8 brushes available at the push of a button. :) Enjoy.