Novation - Launch Control XL (LCXL) Track change pads LEDS

Laurent Rivière

Sep 1, 2021, 9:08:52 AM9/1/21
to MIDI2LR
Hello,

I programmed the last 2 rows as profile switches
Track 1 = Profile 1 ....

I Would like to have the LED on track 1 on Green while Profile on is active.

How can I achieve this please?

Laurent Rivière

Sep 5, 2021, 7:14:42 PM9/5/21
to MIDI2LR
Hello,

I would like to rephrase my request.

I am using the MIDI2LR General options panel to allocate profiles to respective panels:
Basic Tones, Tone Curves, etc...

On my MIDI Controller, the Track Focus and Track Control are set up as NOTE buttons.
The message display in MIDI2LR when I press the first Track Control button is:
1: NOTE ON73 [127]
This button in my LCXL configuration is:
Note F Octave 1
When MIDI2LR is starting I would like this button (for example) to be on Yellow.
When Basic Tone is selected I would like this button to turn Green.

Is there a possibility to send MIDI messages to the MIDI controller within MIDI2LR?

If not should I use SysEx? and if SysEx in which file should I type the messages?

Thanks in advance!
Laurent,

PS: This plugin is really a great thing! Thanks Rory!

Rory Jaffe

Sep 14, 2021, 5:34:11 PM9/14/21
to MIDI2LR
Currently it's not possible. I've toyed with different ways of making this happen, but the main problem is that different MIDI controllers manage their lights in very different ways. If there's a C++ programmer out there who's interested in helping, I need to set up some class-based management of light functions that can easily be specialized for different light control methods, ideally pulling the methods from a text file that can be updated with new controller data.

Laurent Rivière

Sep 15, 2021, 12:31:02 PM9/15/21
to Rory Jaffe, MIDI2LR
Hi Rory and thanks for you reply.

As per my research and understanding:
Naming for below text:
M2L: MIDI2LR
Lr: LightRoom
C: MIDI Controller
MM: MIDI Message

Known:
- MM is sent from C to M2L and traded by M2L to translate it as info for Lr
- If C receives the same MM the LEDs of C will update accordingly.
Issue:
- Value of the MIDI message (i.e: 127) will not be info needed to update the LEDs on C as per user wish.
- Velocity must be included in the MIDI message sent to C.

MM sent to C for LEDs updates can be:
NOTE ON 73 127 12

Suggestion for implementation:
Iteration 1:
Make midi send message script with and ini file that will load at launch of the M2L plugin, and at each key pressed from controller.

Iteration 2:
Allow user to configure text file for configuration at launch and by pressing key via text file

Iteration 3:
Allow user to configure each message sent by key with M2L GUI

On my side I am trying to work on an app for macOS (swift) to allow the sending message to LCXL (from Novation) in a first iteration.
That would result in having the app sending the message according to user defined templates. Need to run the app in background along with M2L and Lr.

Other than that, if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Best regards,
Lau Riv

Rory Jaffe

Sep 15, 2021, 3:07:03 PM9/15/21
to MIDI2LR
The message could also be triggered by changes outside of MIDI2LR. For example, a user could use a mouse to change to a different panel in the Develop module. MIDI2LR plugin checks every 0.29 seconds to see which Module and Tool is current. This is now used to make sure the correct Profile is active, but could also be used for the signaling you're suggesting.