The brand-new layout for BFC2000 in NRPM mode

Alex Potemkin

Jun 4, 2017, 6:40:53 PM6/4/17
to MIDI2LR
Hello, dear friends.
A long time ago I shared my BFC2000 layout.
After (years?) of usage, I finally spent a couple of days and I re-programmed and re-arranged my BFC2000, based on my experience and new possibilities.

What I did.

1. The BFC2000 reprogrammed for NRPM (knobs and sliders). It works perfectly, at least with Windows 10 x64. Controls are smooth and nice.
2. Knobs have been set for 4 speeds with different sensitivity, so it is possible to adjust values very precise but reach the ends of ranges fast.
3. BFC2000 settings contain 3 working presets (##1, 2 and 3) and 1 template preset (#4) stored in the device's memory.
4. 3 MIDI2LR profiles have been created: one for main controls, one for crop and one for local adjustments tools (you have to assign them as it referred at the screenshot included).

The workflow is focused mostly on the color correction, I did not create the layouts for any panels aside of DEVELOP.

The main template contains 3 layouts.
The main layouts associated with the preset #2 stored in the device. So, the preset #2 is your default, and you can switch from it to the #1 (left) or #3 (right) for additional corrections, then return back to the #2.
The layouts are designed to preserve the controls which may be used in different situations at the same places, flexibility and for ease of memorizing. As a result, the control's order at the controller not always following the order in the Lightroom's panels.

The mail layout (preset #2) contains all main controls over tones and colors. The general TONAL corrections and WB are assigned to sliders and parametric curve and additional corrections are assigned to encoders.

The "left" layout (preset #1) is designed for BW conversion. Sliders are assigned for the grayscale mixer, and encoders to the extended parametric curve control include splits - so, you can switch to the "left layout" if you want to do more precise curve editing.

The "right" layout (preset #3) is designed for geometry corrections and advanced editing (vignettes, sharpen & grain, noise removal).

The crop and local adjustments layouts are designed to be accessible from anywhere. So, the tool-specific commands are assigned only for encoders, to keep the main controls area intact. I was too lazy to programming the local adjustments for the geometry layout but it works at the main and gray mixer layouts in the same way. Two encoder groups are using for the local adjustments and the main (first) group contain the local controls followed the order of the same global controls from the main layout. I found it useful for memorizing, and it is very convenient to have the ability to do local and global adjustments at the same time. The crop layout works at the all three layouts same way, independent of the active encoder group.

The buttons are programmed the same way for all layouts and they include the main commands which you may want to access from everywhere, with just a minor change for the geometry layout.

For sure, you may found my workflow not ideal, so feel free to adjust it to your needs :)
If you will found any mistakes, please let me know and I will fix them.

Any comments and improvements are very welcome.

The attached archive contain:
- BFC2000 settings, which should be uploaded to the device with BC Manager
- the set of MIDI2LR templates
- the PDF with labels
- the set of screenshots from BC manager with the controls map.

P.S. Dear Developers! Thank you again for the brilliant app!
BFC2000 MIDI2LR NRPN AlexArtPhoto.zip

Ralf B.

Sep 13, 2017, 9:00:51 AM9/13/17
to MIDI2LR
Hi Alex,

thank you very much for your Profile and the Layout !

Would it be okay for you to post the editabled files for the layout, too ?

I have a cutting plotter (silhouette cameo) and would like to print&cut the layout.
That would be awesome !

Thank you for your work,
Ralf