Midi2LR with StreamDeck

Ian M Butterfield

Jun 17, 2021, 6:05:47 AM6/17/21
to MIDI2LR
Has anyone had any success using Midi2LR with StreamDeck?

I have loopMIDI installed and Midi2LR is seeing keypresses on StreamDeck (via loopMIDI)  but is not passing on the LR Command to LR.  Additionally, every 1s or so Midi2LR is sending a 'random'* instruction to Lightroom.  The sending of that instruction stops when LoopMIDI is paused or stopped.

If I create/load a MIDI2LR profile that has nothing but StreamDeck /LoopMIDI notes defined MIDI2LR doesn't send the 'random'* instruction to Lightroom, but nothing is sent to LR.  MIDI2LR is definitely seeing the keypress as the appropriate line in MIDI2LR is highlighted when the key is pressed on StreamDeck.

* When I say 'random' what I mean is the command that is sent is the same command every second but is different each time I fire up LR/MIDI2LR/LoopMidi - I haven't yet worked out the pattern but I *think* it relates to the last command sent via my Behringer X-Touch Mini.

Ian M Butterfield

Jun 17, 2021, 6:23:02 AM6/17/21
to MIDI2LR
If it helps - here's the log file.

Actions taken:
- start LR/Midi2LR
- select increase rating command on Behringer (this worked)
- select previous image, next image, and switch to library via StreamDeck.  MIDI2LR sees keypresses but nothing appears to be sent to LR
- select increase rating command on Behringer (still works)
- Exit LR/Midi2LR

I have also attached the Midi2LR profile
MIDI2LR.log
IMB Stream Deck Edit.xml

Rory Jaffe

Aug 25, 2021, 5:43:32 PM8/25/21
to MIDI2LR
I don't know what's going on with your setup. Look at DisabledControllers.xml in your MIDI2LR configuration directory. This file is found in %AppData%\MIDI2LR (for Windows users) or ~/Library/Logs/MIDI2LR (MacOS users).