Still being worked on?

Tomáš Dančo

Dec 11, 2018, 4:32:40 PM12/11/18
to MIDI2LR
Hi, just came by after some time to see that the latest commit was 6 months ago
is the MIDI2LR still being worked on? Or are we stuck with this until it will stop working completely?
Or is the owner having some personal work done and informed it won't be worked on for some time?
I am not trying to be pushy, just trying to understand what is going on here and I really appreciate all the work here!

Rory Jaffe

Dec 11, 2018, 7:00:42 PM12/11/18
to MIDI2LR
Thanks for the question. I've been very busy personally, and am retiring from my real job after January 2019. I do have plans for a major revision of the application (I'm in the middle of it right now, but put it aside until I have some uninterrupted time to really dig into this as it's a very major revision). Will have translations for the application, use standard directory locations for log and configuration files, and revised and easier to update command database.  Also will completely revise application structure to make future changes easier.

As always, code contributions welcome.

Also, look at the age of the develop branch, not the master branch, as the master branch only has releases and beta/alpha test releases.

Jeff Bowen

Dec 17, 2018, 4:55:39 PM12/17/18
to MIDI2LR

Is this something that can be adapted to use with bPixinsight or other window applications?

Carbon43

Dec 24, 2018, 1:56:12 PM12/24/18
to MIDI2LR
I'm not sure I'd be much use with code contributions, but did you need help running down the issues in Mojave, or do you have a pretty good handle on whats going on? This is my "not on the road" season with video engineering stuff, and Im immensely grateful to this project for making my life easier when doing professional editing, so the least I can do is put in a bit of time to help if it'd be useful.

Rory Jaffe

Dec 26, 2018, 10:32:59 AM12/26/18
to MIDI2LR
Yes, I need help with anything Mac-specific, including the keystroke permissions issue.

brougs78

Jan 1, 2019, 5:18:08 AM1/1/19
to MIDI2LR
I would like to help you with resolving the keystroke issue. But I can only help you with testing the software. I dont have experience developing on the mac.
If interestet please contact brougs78 at gmx dot net.

Leonardo Gomes

Jan 2, 2019, 4:45:47 PM1/2/19
to MIDI2LR
Nice. I can do a translation to Portuguese-BR.

Tomáš Dančo

Jan 20, 2019, 1:01:17 PM1/20/19
to MIDI2LR
Thank you for this insight! I am thrilled to see the revision, will be waiting for it...I just wish I could help somehow with the code, sadly I suck at coding

Ah, yes, I forgot there are branches, silly me :)

Dňa streda, 12. decembra 2018 1:00:42 UTC+1 Rory Jaffe napísal(-a):