MIDI2LR is not seeing multiple MIDI Controllers

Michael McPherson Jr

Jun 5, 2019, 10:34:38 AM6/5/19
to MIDI2LR
Hello,

First, thank you for creating this plugin!
LR Classic 8.3.1 Release | Camera Raw 11.3
MController 1: XTouch Compact
MController 2: LAUNCHPAD S

20190604_082415.jpg

I'm having a issue on the plugin not seeing my second MIDI Controller. The second controller is in the same channel as my first one (XTouch). I want to have my LPS for my presets but when I attempted to assign the buttons it was triggering the ones already assigned to my XTouch.

As you can see (Version3.1.0.4)  both of my midi controllers act on 1 | Note : 80  and so on.

midi2lr-sendingHalted.jpg

How can I have my second midi controller be in a different sequence?

In the new tested version it does the same thing and when I attempt to Rescan Midi Devices it freezes.

midi2lr-3_2.jpg

Thank you so much for your help!

Jaime Raso fotógrafo

Jun 5, 2019, 1:22:00 PM6/5/19
to MIDI2LR

Hi Micheal, your issue is not a MIDI2LR problem, in fact, it is  the two MIDI´s sending the same signals with the same channels, you have to change the channels in one of your midis via the Editor program of the device or via the midi itself like in the BCR2000 and BCF2000 from behringer that I have, I changed the channels in the Nanokrontol (my fourth MIDI) via its editor program.
It happened to me  as I was adding MIDIs to my setup. See picture attached

Regards,
Jaime Raso
IMG_20190605_190912.jpg

Michael McPherson Jr

Jun 5, 2019, 3:20:39 PM6/5/19
to MIDI2LR
Jaime,

Thank you so much. That was what I was missing. All I need to do now is get on your level...lol  I appreciate your prompt response.
I downloaded XTouch Compact software; assigned to a new channel and I was good to go.

Jeremy Lawrence

Jun 7, 2019, 5:06:37 AM6/7/19
to MIDI2LR

On Wednesday, 5 June 2019 18:22:00 UTC+1, Jaime Raso fotógrafo wrote:

Hi Micheal, your issue is not a MIDI2LR problem, in fact, it is  the two MIDI´s sending the same signals with the same channels, you have to change the channels in one of your midis via the Editor program of the device or via the midi itself like in the BCR2000 and BCF2000 from behringer that I have, I changed the channels in the Nanokrontol (my fourth MIDI) via its editor program.

I have the same issue, but stupidly Behringer don't do an editor for the X-Touch mini for OSX, despite claiming the product is both Windows and OSX compatible.
Some info here.
https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Recording/X-touch-mini-and-mac-OS-editor/td-p/255067

Jaime Raso fotógrafo

Jun 7, 2019, 5:34:38 AM6/7/19
to MIDI2LR
Find a computer running windows and do it, it will work on your mac, though you will probably need some rounds as you will only know how the changes went once you connect your X-Touch back to your Mac.

Jeremy Lawrence

Jun 7, 2019, 6:16:17 AM6/7/19
to MIDI2LR
Cheers. I know that's an option, but can't think of anyone local to do this.
I just find it absurd that Macs are not catered for by Behringer with their products.

Michael McPherson Jr

Jun 7, 2019, 12:13:32 PM6/7/19
to MIDI2LR

Jeremy Lawrence

Jun 7, 2019, 6:56:04 PM6/7/19
to MIDI2LR

Cheers for that suggestion Mike.
Forgotten that sort of thing was even an option.
Not managed to be able to be able to login to my sisters computer though.
IT skills the other end are a bit inexperienced in this and I'n using my niece who is the IT expert in house to to help out.
But she doesn't know the login info for the computer.

/j